Author Topic: AWC - Yet another software client to roll out...or not?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
AWC - Yet another software client to roll out...or not?
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
In process with Mitel to roll out big upgrades to our InterTel 5000.  New UC.  New AWC.  New MultiTech fax.  Mobile Apps.  Etc.

I've figured out how to push the fax client out via GPO.

I've even figured out how to push the UC out via GPO.

But now I see that the AWC has it's own "CC" or "Collaboration Client."  There are actually two clients one could install:

Collaboration_Client-M.exe
or
Collaboration_Client-admin-M.exe (an admin version ostensibly for Citrix environments)

File sizes of both are exactly the same, but there are some differences in the installation routine.

It appears that this app was designed to be user installed via joining a web conference.  However, I see it as working hand-in-hand with the UC as part of an internal working environment and creating video and web calls on the fly.  To do that I think that the CC should be rolled out along with the UC.

There appears to be no documentation on this and no MSI file that one can roll out via GPO.  Not even sure if you can use /switches with these files.

What do you think of this approach and has anyone attempted to do this?

Thanks.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: AWC - Yet another software client to roll out...or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
I've since discovered that if the two MAS servers see each other properly, upon logging into the UCA the first time, it detects the need for the collaboration server and automatically asks you to update it.  Just say yes, and it's installed fairly painlessly.

This is nice.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
Just for reference I have seen this rolled out as a remote install so it is possible,I wasnt involved in it so cant advise further, however admin rights are needed.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
I got a hold of the admin guide.  Posting to share.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10