Author Topic: CALL FLOW - CALL DIRECTOR  (Read 3743 times)

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
CALL FLOW - CALL DIRECTOR
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »
Hi there
Is there a way to allow for more than 9 extensions in the menu option?
For example I want to say "To reach the production department press 10". The menu only goes from 0 to 9 , followed by #, etc.
Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: CALL FLOW - CALL DIRECTOR
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »
I believe you can do it by creating a mailbox of '10'.  Then allow xfer to mailboxes.
It would work the same as if you said "If you know the extension you wish to speak to, dial it now."

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:42:45 AM by ralph »

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »
There isn't a way to do this in call director, as the system would only be listening for one DTMF tone, so it would hear the 1, and then put you through to option 1, ignoring the 0.

I would be creating sub menus and using them if there were too many options. There is usually some way that you can logically group a few of the options together to make a sub menu from there.

I think Ralph was thinking that you were doing this on embedded VM, as then you would have to create mailboxes for the options, but from your question you are using call director in Nupoint?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »
Actually you could do it. You would have to configure the Call Director mailbox menu to accept maximum dtmf bigger than 1 digit, and then setup Multi-key acceptance to use "gathered digits" for a blind transfer. I would think you would want to check the "Try Call-flow first" check-box as well, so that it would play the Call director mailboxes of those other menus.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10