Author Topic: Mitel 3300 ICP: VM to give option between leave a msg and be reroute to mobile  (Read 6345 times)

Offline lemb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
One of my users is requesting that callers receive two options when listening to her Voicemail message. Option 1, leave a message. Option 2, transferred to mobile phone.

I've configured the user's mailbox as a menu VM and setup a ghost ext used to reroute the call to her mobile number. I'm unsure how I can still allow callers to leave a messsage with this approach though.

Suggestions?

Offline ucx

• View Profile
The standard mailbox for extensions has an option for 'Operator Extension' - it's meant for you to be able to say in your message 'or press zero to be transferred to reception'. You *could* create a system speed dial that translates to your mobile number and use this speed dial code as your operator extension. Then all you need to do is have the user mention pressing zero in their message to go to their mobile.

Offline lemb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Yeah, configuring the operator (0) for the individual was my first thought, but I also figured that there might be a better approach which leaves 0 for the operator.

Offline ucx

• View Profile
Playing with the voicemail options on my system, I can set up a cell phone number that can be reached if the caller presses '2'. To program it, go to your voicemailbox menu and press 8 for options, 2 for additional options, and 2 for alternate numbers. Then you can choose 2 for cell phone, 3 for fax and 7 for pager. or you can configure the other numbers (0-9) for other numbers.

Edit: reading through the help file on this (titled 'Program Personal Contacts', you need the 'Advanced Voice Mail' purchasable option enabled
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:07:53 PM by ucx »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
There's something you need in COS to make the cell phone work - Account code Length.
When the VM dials out, it first enters and account code.  The account code is the same as the mailbox.
So if your mailbox is 4 digits long you need to change the default account code length to 4 - else it will fail.

System speed dials will work but then the user has no control.

Also, be sure your COR allows your VM ports outbound access.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:57:22 PM by ralph »

Offline lemb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Brilliant. Thanks ucx.

Advanced Mailbox option is enabled on this system

To program a Personal Contact:

Access your voice mailbox.
Press [8] for the User Options menu.
Press [2] for the Additional Options menu.
Press [2] for the Personal Contacts menu.
 Select the desired Personal Contact number:
- for a Cell phone number, press [2],
- for a Fax number, press [3],
- for a Pager number, press [7],
- for another type of number, select any other number between 0 and 9.
Enter the phone number for the personal contact using the dial pad. To delete the number, press
  • . To skip to the next personal contact, press

For external numbers, enter the digit that you would normally dial to access an outside line.
Press
  • when you are done.

Update your greeting to include the prompts for the new numbers that you assigned.

Offline lemb

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Okay, new problem.

This option works internally, but if the caller is external to the system, the call is transfered to the operator and not the mobile.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Try a quick test just to be sure:
Call in from the outside.   Then transfer the call to a cell phone.

See if that works.
If not, check the COS of the phone and trunks to be sure "Public network to Public Network connection allowed" is set to yes.

Then check the VM for the same thing.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10