Author Topic: DTMF pass through possible?  (Read 4836 times)

Offline bruor

• View Profile
DTMF pass through possible?
« on: November 25, 2011, 01:04:08 AM »
I have SIP trunked a ShoreTel system to a Mitel 3300mxe controller and things seem to be working great.  DTMF tones work between the systems flawlessly.  I can access auto attendants on both sides and key presses do what is expected of them. 

However, when I try to call from the ShoreTel to a remote site using the Mitel T1s DTMF isn't passed through to the system that answers the call.  This makes it impossible to call a site and enter an extension,  use calling cards,  flag VM messages as urgent etc.

Any assistance offered is greatly appreciated!

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: DTMF pass through possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 02:59:30 AM »
What kind of trunk is connected on the other side? We know that between the Shoretel and the Mitel 3300 there is SIP trunking. If that side is SIP also then the Digits send should be in the RTP stream and the receiving node should identify.

Offline bruor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »
There are 2x T1s connecting to the pstn.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
Sounds like an E2T issue to me. shoretel - mitel ok over IP then mitel would need to translate to TDM for T1. Does DTMF work ok if you call out on T1 direct from a Mitel set?

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:22 PM »
Might want to play around with Simulated ISDN Progress in the COS of the trunks as well as QSIG Diversion in system options I have seen this affect DTMF from SIP to TDM.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10