Author Topic: Mitel 3300 DTMF tones to FaxPress  (Read 17003 times)

cibox

Re: Mitel 3300 DTMF tones
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your reply - shame about the answer  :'(

Do you know of any middleware kit that could sit between the switch and the Faxpress server that could control the time delay between the delivery of the DTMF digits?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »
I'm surprised you're having trouble with a Faxpress.  I'm pretty sure we've done them without issue - just can't think of where right now.

The typical problem we see is that the default settings do not have a delay before expecting the 1st digit so it would miss the 1st couple of digits.
Typically, I tell the fax server admin to add some time to what ever timer equates to "wait for digits".   They always balk at that but eventually find it.

Sorry.  Don't know of any middleware products for this.

Ralph
www.statewidetelecom.com

cibox

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 08:37:40 AM »
Thanks for all your help Ralph - i'll check to see if we can find this delay setting on the Faxpress. As you say they normally work well - we've done loads with the 3300 - this is the first one we've had this issue with. will let you know if/when we find it in case anyone else has this issue.

Cheers  :)

Offline neild

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »
Yes.  Can be done.   Do it often.
Put all your Fax port into a hunt group.   Set the hunt group type to "Voice Mail".
Go to the call rerouting always alternative form and program the hunt group number there.
Now take phantom 5330 and program it using the 1st number you want to route to the fax server.
Then in Multiline key assignment form all all the other numbers you want forwarded to the fax server as keys on the phone.
Next go to the call rerouting assignment form and assign the Always alternative number to each of the numbers.
Now when you call those numbers the system will transmit the DTMF as soon as the port answers.
You may need to modify the timers on the fax server to wait for DTMF a few milliseconds.

Ralph
www.foreclosedhomebuying.info

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and have found this really helpful post!

We have integrated a FaxPress with a Mitel 3300 PBX and have a tech note on the above steps with a few screen shots.

There is one screenshott missing for the following configuration:

***Then in Multiline key assignment form all all the other numbers you want forwarded to the fax server as keys on the phone.***

I am unsure as to which drop down option to select in the Multiline Key Assignment when mapping the rest of my DDI's.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the options to select please?

Sorry to re-open this post, but I think it will hopefully be beneficial to everyone reading  :)

Thank you in advance.

Neil

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »
Go to the main drop down and select all forms alphabetically.   Then select Multiline Set Key Assignment.
Add your additional buttons on your phantom phone.

Ralph

Offline neild

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 DTMF tones to FaxPress
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 11:45:29 AM »
Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your response.

I understand where to find the Multi Set Key Assignment, but once the Programmable Keys dialog opens I am presented with the following columns:

Button Number | Labels | Line Type | URL | Button Directory Number | Ring Type

I was hoping to find out if you had an example of the information I need enter?

Do I need to put the DDI under 'Label', Set 'Line Type' to Forward or Call Forward and under 'Button Directory Number' a command to the FaxPress server?

Any further help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

Neil

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »
I've included a screen shot.
Don't worry if the "Key System" key type changes to a "single line" - this is normal.

Ralph

Offline neild

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 12:29:31 PM »
Hi Ralph,

Thank you very much for your help spending time to post!  Off to test this now  ;)

Much appreciated

Regards

Neil

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10