Author Topic: Calls to Lync over SIP are showing as Busy  (Read 8554 times)

Offline cotton

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Calls to Lync over SIP are showing as Busy
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:33:29 AM »
This is driving me mental!!  :'(

I've programmed the SIP trunk over to Lync as per the MOL guide and I just can't get it to work. I'm pretty sure the calls are hitting the Lync server but then my 5224 desk phone just shows busy.

Active Rejected   Non-Auth Calls     Auth Calls       Auth Failures
Profile    Calls   Calls  Incoming Outgoing Incoming Outgoing Incoming Outgoing
     Lync      0        4        0        2        0        0        0        0
    Total      0        4        0        2        0        0        0        0

There are 1 SIP link(s) programmed.
Link       Lync state is       IN SERVICE (link down count 0)

I now get the above. The output is showing calls as either Rejected or Non-Auth. When I'm dialling 4222 from my mitel desk phone (which is the dial in conf number on lync) it's coming as non auth. Is there a security setting I'm missing??

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: Calls to Lync over SIP are showing as Busy
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 10:54:53 AM »
You can pm me your config I had to tweak their recommended in order to get it working with full functionality.

Offline cotton

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:42:50 AM »
done mate thanks. I've also exported the forms here for anyone else to have a look if they're having similar issues:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VB9VO750

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
1.) Make sure that you are using the same formatting in your Lync extension programming +4222 and +4567.

2.) What is the extension you are trying to call? You need to have it listed in your incoming assignment form. (ie, 1*, 2*, 3*)

3.) I believe the setup that I got from Mitel was different then the options you have set but I have further modified it to fix some 180 issues as well as simultaenous ringing.

a.) Force Sending SDP in initial invite message - Yes
     b.) Precent the use of IP Address 0.0.0.0 in SDP Messages - Yes
     c.) Suppress User of SDP Inactive Media Streams - Yes
     d.) Disable Reliable Provisional Responses - Yes
     e.) Enable sending + for E164 numbers - Yes
     f.) Use P-asserted Identity header - Yes
     g.) Session Timer - 0

All others are set to no and times are all default.

Offline slux

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
Hi,

I have been having similar issues... the only way I got this to work is to leave the registrar and sip proxy FQDN or IP address settings empty on the network elements page - I am not sure this is correct as all the articles I found on the web show these settings confgured.

Has anyone actually got an official guide for this setup?

I spent a week on this and so far have managed to get RCC and enterprise voice (sip trunk between mitel and Lync) working but I cannot get Mitel using Exchange UM without creating a second sip trunk directly to the exchange server. If I go via Lync then it recognises the extension and allows me to log in to play back messages but forwarding calls to the SA number to allow callers to leave a message doesnt work (it does if I connect a sip trunk directly to exchange) I just get an unavailable tone.

Also with Mitel and lync tied in - If I set a user to be RCC enabled then you seem to loose the ability to be able to call their lync extension from the mitel - obviously the RCC functions all work but even selecting the computer as the preferred device doesnt allow calls to/from mitel. Not sure if this is expected behaviour or not.

Any help much appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

Cheers,

Sam

P.s. using MCD 4.1

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
Yes there is a guide available on MOL that lays out the setup in detail. There is no need to fill in proxy settings if you are not using a proxy. The way it sounds you have it setup correctly now with removing those settings.

Yes RCC has some odd behaviors as it is meant to tie into a Mitel PBX through the use of LBG. I have still not got a working LBG config but I am leaning towards internal issues with that. This also removes video calling due to Microsoft brilliance.

As far as Exchange goes I have a second set of trunks because I also reroute regular Mitel phones to Exchange voicemail. I would assume you could have it come off mediation by doing some number routing.

Offline slux

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

I think I have missed a critical info resource.... what is MOL?

It is the routing of normal Mitel extensions that I have only half working via the Lync mediation server... allows me to pick up messages but not leave them. Same programming but using the second trunk direct to exchange UM works fine. i'll work on it some more but it's almost like the call re-routing stuff breaks when going via Lync.

For instance - I have two SIP trunks configured on MCD - Lync and Exchange

extensions 5xxx are on the MCD and 6xxx on lync
Exchange SA is configured as 6959

Call re-routing first alternate is set to 6959

using the ARS Route form to I enable exchange UM and dialling 6959 correctly takes me to the sa and the call re-routing works (I can leave a message)

If I then swap the ARS Rout to use the Lync Trunk then dialling 6959 correctly takes me to the SA and recognises my extension and I am asked to log in as before. But the call re-routing rings, then plays the unobtainable tone.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas - would be appreciated. I suppose I could go down the dual-trunk route as you suggest but I'm willing to spend a couple more days on this to see if I can get away with just one trunk to Lync.

Offline etailleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 09:41:12 PM »
Hi,

I'm having similar issue with lync and mcd integration. I can control the call fromt my lync client but unable to handle audio from the lync client. Have you found a way to make it works ?

Thanks

Eric

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10