Author Topic: UCA Softphone Users, some users garbled calls  (Read 5065 times)

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
UCA Softphone Users, some users garbled calls
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »
So I rolled out some softphones at one of our remote offices.  They actually register with the UCA server back at our home office and then the calls go out the PRI at our home office.

Our deskphones there are working and sounding great.  I have some users using softphones there and their calls are sounding good.  But then there is 5 users using softphones were their calls are garbled really bad.

The issue is not account related, as I had a user who was having issues log into a UCA on a computer that wasn't and it sounded fine.

I uninstalled, deleted the mitel folders from the user directories, and reinstalled.  No go
I removed AV to make sure realtime virus scanner wasn't interfering, no go

I believe the issue is with the computer.  The computers match and exceed the minimum requirements for UCA.

What on that computer can be causing this, and why on so many?

Their headsets are set as default voice device in control panel as well as configuration menu on the UCA screen.

I am starting to get really confused on why here.  I don't believe it is with the 5mb connection between us as there are other users that are working just fine.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated it.

Thank you,

Offline ucx

• View Profile
Re: UCA Softphone Users, some users garbled calls
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »
Do they have issues when playing or recording using any other software, or is it only happening with the UCA softphone?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »
I know Kurt has seen this and worked through it.
Sounds like an identical problem he battled.
He lurks here everyonce in a while but I'll pop him an email to see if he can shed some light.

Ralph
www.momshappybaby.com

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
@ UCX They are not using any other software for recording or anything, so at this time I say it is only with the UCA.

@ Ralph, thank you, I will keep watching for his response.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:39:34 AM »
Are your affected pc's running 32bit or 64bit, Do you have compression zones programmed for your UC softphones.

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 08:11:11 AM »
There's so many things that can play a part in bad quality on soft phones.   Network, Headset, Bandwidth, other things on that machine.. etc.  There are also specific sound cards that do not play nice with Mitel's UCA.

Make sure to turn down all visual settings in windows 7  (there's a KB article on Mitel for this).  Many of the visual settings in Windows 7 have a higher processor priority then the softphone and it would stop processing UCA stuff when they would, drag windows around, minimize/maximize, etc. 

Are they working inside any other applications at the same time they are talking on their softphone?

What kind of headsets are you using?  Do they have the required DSP Module on them?

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
All the users affected are running windows XP.  Out of curiosity as my windows 7 machine worked just fine there, I took and built a windows 7 machine for one of the effected users and setup her profile and got her going on that machine.  The phone works great and the sound quality is great.

That is leading us to wonder if there was a windows update missing and or added that is killing the quality.  I am going to compare one of the working XP machines with one of the non working and see.  However, I am almost more willing to just start converting them to Windows 7 as that is our long term goal anyways.

The headset I have them using now is a jabra usb headset.  Not sure about the DSP Module requirement though. 

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »
jherlitz.  Just wondering how hard it was to get your softphone client to work at all, let alone the sound issues.  As I've posted elsewhere, I get a big red X on my client outside of the office (inside is fine).  I have tons of ports open.  I have a 5000 system and Mitel swears I don't need teleworker licenses to make it work.  But they haven't been able to get it to work either.

Do you have a 3300 or 5000?  And if a 5000, teleworker?  Or not?

Thanks.

Adam in DC

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10