Author Topic: Offline upgrade  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Offline upgrade
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »
I have a question about going from 4.0 to 5.0 without having an internet connection. I know I need to download the license file from AMC reflecting that it is a 5.0 system and save the zip file for that. My question is what do I do with that zip file? is there an option to load it in the SI?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Offline upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »
I found it.

If the Configuration Wizard is unable to connect to the AMC to license a system, it will save the License and Options configuration to a batch file. For systems with license sharing that were provisioned using the wizard, a second batch file is made that contains the Group Application Record ID A value obtained from the Mitel Application Management Center (AMC). Used to license software on two or more MCD systems that are grouped into a single entity on the AMC for licensing purposes.. The location of the files is given in the Results page. Run the file(s) from a PC with internet connectivity to retrieve the license keys from the AMC and complete the upgrade.

Note: Offline Licensing through the Configuration Wizard is not supported on the MXe Server, the MCD-ISS, and vMCD. These platforms are licensed through MSL.

To license a 3300 ICP while disconnected from the AMC:

Copy the \AMC\... folder(s) and its contents from the location indicated in the message box to a PC with internet connectivity.

Run the "retrvlic.bat" file either by double-clicking it from Windows Explorer or using the Windows Command Prompt (click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt).

Copy the \AMC\...folder(s) and its contents from the AMC-connected PC to a PC on the 3300 ICP network, replacing any existing AMC folder.

Relaunch the Configuration Wizard and navigate to the License and Options screen.

Click Yes.

Wait while the 3300 ICP applies the remaining wizard configuration data.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10