Author Topic: Voicemail Calling Operator when Operator Transfers Call  (Read 4642 times)

Offline Sheps

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail Calling Operator when Operator Transfers Call
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
Hello,

New to Mitel and the 3300 ICP, and I have inherited the management from the previous administrator.  I was removing mailboxes which were no longer in use the other day and was mis-informed regarding a extension and deleted a mailbox which was still in use.

This was not a big deal as the user did not have any voicemail, and we just recreated the VM box.  However, since then, the voicemail has been calling the operator whenever the operator transfers a call to that extension and it goes to voicemail.

Calling on a Direct Dial number for that extension does not cause the voicemail ringback.  It is only when the call is being transferred from the operator extension for sure, and possibly any extension.

Any assistance on what I am missing would be appreciated.

I should add, there was a thread similar to this previously by someone else, and unfortunately the information contained within did not help.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:12:29 AM by Sheps »

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail Calling Operator when Operator Transfers Call
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 07:54:43 AM »
When the call comes back to the operator does it say anything like ringing you back or recall? If so it would be a timer in the COS. Another thing to look at is that the user could have programmed call forwarding on the set itself. To see if this is the case run the maintenance command "Locate Feature Extension (ext number)" and you will see any active features on that phone.

Offline Sheps

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
Thanks for the response,

I have checked the active features and there are none.  Other users have the exact same COS and the VM does not call back the operator.

When the operator transfer to the extension, the call back from the voicemail system is actually the voicemail mailbox administration it seems asking for the password.

I also spoke with the user who has the operator extension and she mentioned that yesterday she had not transferred to the extension and the voicemail system called her again.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
I'm assuming that you're using the embedded VM.

Edit the mailbox.  Look at "message notification"
The type should be 'extension'
the number should be blank.
Disable user access and set the Schedule to 'disabled'

Let us know how that works.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:49:42 PM by ralph »

Offline Sheps

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 10:09:58 AM »
Thanks, it was the"schedule" not being set to disabled that did it.  Everything else was set as it should be.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10