Author Topic: Dialing from Outlook and Outlook presence not working - UCA  (Read 6537 times)

Offline cbak999

• View Profile
Dialing from Outlook and Outlook presence not working - UCA
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
Hello. We have a new Mitel MCD installation with UCA. We added the users to the UCA server via the PBX synch and currently have no synch enabled going forward. UCA works OK currently - for chatting, making and receiving calls, visual voice mail, etc.

However, we are missing the ability to dial from the GAL in Outlook (Server 2008 R2 AD domain w/ Exchange 2007.) I can dial my personal contacts from the contacts list using UCA. We also don't see presence updates in Outlook like we used to with Microsoft Communicator (which we are dumping for the Mitel UCA.) My question is: Do we need to set up the LDAP synch in order for this functionality to work? We have been fighting this issue a couple of weeks, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dialing from Outlook and Outlook presence not working - UCA
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 07:58:44 PM »
For Presence Updates:
No, you don't need to setup LDAP or any server side sync. The sync is all done on the end user PCs. They have to be running a 32-bit version of windows for the Outlook plugin to install.

If your all set there, then all you should have to do is run the setup wizard. You should have done that when UCA was originally installed, but if you missed it or want to run it again, no problem. You can run it again by going to the Mitel symbol in the upper left corner, and choosing "Run Setup Wizard."

If you good on both of these, then you need go into the client configuration, and the Calendar Integration section. Make sure that the check-box for Enable Outlook Calendar Integration is checked.

Offline cbak999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »
Thanks so much. Not sure how I missed that. But I got it working fine on the Outlook 2010 32-bit. No luck, as you stated, with the Outlook 64-bit, which really stinks, because we've rolled out 64-bit Office to 90% of our org. UGHH!! Trying to find out now when 64-bit support will come.

Any idea on the dialing from the GAL in Outlook? Again, I can dial from personal contacts while in Outlook. Maybe this is something that can't be done...but what I what to be able to do is open an email message from someone in my organization, and right click on their name and dial them.

Again, appreciate the help!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
To my knowledge there isn't a way to dial from GAL. Only from the contacts section of Outlook.

I don't know about the 64-bit version. It's an issue with the plugin that Mitel uses, but that's as much as I know.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10