Author Topic: 3300 MXe new install issues  (Read 15736 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
3300 MXe new install issues
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »
Hi All,

First post here, looks like a great forum!

Anyway, First time dealing with a specific local dealer and they installed a 3300MXe at one of our locations. The installer so far has seemed totally clueless, so I am left to figure out the mess and clean it up.. little by little.

Couple of questions.

1. The installer told us that there is no way to transfer a call directly to voicemail from any phone except the attendant UCA Advanced console. We are using the embedded voicemail and I argued that this seemed like a basic feature but I was told.. nope cant be done. Any truth to this? I would be totally flabbergasted if it was the truth.

2. When you dial an extension we want it to intercom the person and not ring the phone. Again I was told this is not possible. I found direct page.. but that required an extra step of pushing a button first. Then I found Auto Answer which essentially did what I wanted except I couldnt find a way to have it stop auto-picking up when people called in through voicemail (after hours auto-attendant & directory). Any thoughts? Basically we want it to act in Handsfree mode just like our Mitel 5000 units work.

Any thoughts? Thank you so much!

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: 3300 MXe new install issues
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
1.) This is the truth and probably one of the most requested features I have come across. There is some work arounds but is incredibly painful compared to a direct transfer.

2.) Sounds to me what you are looking for is direct page. You can program speed dial buttons to include the FAC and extension to simplify some of the dialing. Auto answer will answer everything. By turning the MIC button on and off on the set the called party can talk back. A lot of people forget that.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
Single Button Transfer to Voicemail should be coming in the next release of MCD (5.1 or 6.0)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »
Wow thanks for the quick responses all!

Direct page works great.. HOWEVER... we are wanting some way of this being the default.. So I pickup my phone and dial an extension.. I want it to automatically direct page OR our Receptionist using the UCA Advanced soft console double clicks a station.. it auto direct pages or something of that nature.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
You could make the direct page a single digit feature code

For example

feature code = 8
Extension = 1234

call 81234 it should direct page the phone

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »
Ok.. so.. using a phantom box & call routing I was able to create a way to xfer direct to voicemail.

Back to direct page... just trying to find a simple way to train it.. any way to allow transfering via direct page? Ie... Hit transfer button, direct page, then extention.. announce call and hang up if they want it? As of now I can't. Or program a softkey to accomplish all this?

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
As far as making it a button it is just a matter of programming your FAC and extension on a button single digit or two doesn't matter I would suggest to never use single digit though as it can get in the way of system numbering. I would suggest something like *3 or another star or pound code. Then you program the button *31234. There is no way to transfer on direct page that I am aware of but would have to test by taking a call and transferring to the FAC plus extension. You could put a call on park and then page and tell them to pick it up so there are some workarounds, a supervised transfer would be the best way to handle it in my opinion but then again I have always disliked page as I find it obtrusive compared to a phone call that I can DND if I am with a client or what not.

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
Supervised transfer is exactly what we want... however we want supervised transfer with the announcement over intercom and not a phone ringing.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:12:15 PM »
It appears you may be trying to duplicate a Keysystem feature that the users had before and now want back.
The Mitel doesn't do what you're asking for.
But....
You can kind of do it. 
Here's how:
On the answering phone turn on 'auto answer'.  It must be allowed in COS.
The phone will ring once and then come through the speaker phone / or headset.
If you add an 'Auto Answer' button to the phone the user can turn that on and off.

The down side is that is auto answers every call.

Ralph

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »
I think you can use the secretarial feature for this

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »
There's something I haven't played with.

Ralph

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »
It appears you may be trying to duplicate a Keysystem feature that the users had before and now want back.
The Mitel doesn't do what you're asking for.
But....
You can kind of do it. 
Here's how:
On the answering phone turn on 'auto answer'.  It must be allowed in COS.
The phone will ring once and then come through the speaker phone / or headset.
If you add an 'Auto Answer' button to the phone the user can turn that on and off.

The down side is that is auto answers every call.

Ralph

OK, This I have tested. And this seems to kinda work.. EXCEPT...

So I turn auto answer on. Then for the COS on the PRI trunk I make sure its set to off. This prevents DID calls from automatically being picked up. Worked. Extension to Extension works as planned... NOW this issue that I cant get around is if the autoattendent picks up via the built in VM system and you enter in an extension your phone auto answers it. I've tried turning the COS off on the VM ports but I can't figure out where its set.

I guess I am also just fighting this in my head... in my head I keep saying to myself "This seems like a basic phone system 101 feature, hands free supervised transfer announce". I donno I know users of ours are frustrated. I get that it doesnt work that way, i'm just struggling to accept it.

Another thing that seems totally off is the Auto-Attendant in the Emb Voicemail cannot screen calls. So essentially if you call after hours, get the auto-attend, dial my extension and I pickup I get no notification as to who you are.. I just have to say.. "hello....".

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:46:22 PM by jeremywatco »

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Also... when is MCD 5.0 set to be release? My reseller says its in Beta still.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »
It came out on Monday

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 05:07:13 AM »
what about 'call park' and then a page out to announce the park location? other systems call this 'park & page' but i dont think 3300 has this as a single feature.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10