Author Topic: Calls Receive Busy  (Read 2907 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Calls Receive Busy
« on: July 31, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
Calls come into site A to our Call Center during day this is none issue. Then at 5 once the site goes to day mode we route these calls to site B our customers get the night message with options press 1.. etc. It was working fine for months now all of a sudden during random times the system will kick back busy signals and at first the only thing I could do was reboot site A. Now between our vendor and Mitel themselves we have it narrowed down to this call routing. They claim it's a network issue now at these times there's nothing major going on it's a 50 meg pipe between site A and B. In my mind it's like the system isn't releasing the calls somewhere. The tech from our vendor say's that's not the case. Anyone have any other ideas as to how I would track this down? The calls do come into a PRI I've had every test I could run done by our Telco no issues with PRI I've also replaced the T1 card in Site A. We've up the trunks available to 200 between site A and B as well.

thanks,

system 3300

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Calls Receive Busy
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »
The 1st thing that needs to happen is to be sure your PRI isn't having issues.
You can do this by typing DTS READ <PLID OF PRI> last 24.
It will show you if your PRI has been up/down during the last 24 hours.

Next, go to your maintenance & software logs and export them into Excel.
Do a search for "congestion".   This will show you if you're getting a busy because of all trunks being used.

Now you'll need to figure out if you're loosing your network connections.
Check the logs you down loaded and do a search for 'lost'.   See if your systems are loosing connections to each other.  If yes, they you do have a network problem.
Another test you can do here is to call a phone on site B from site A (as an internal call, not as an outside call) and then leave them both on speaker phone.  All day if you need to.   If the call drops then you probably do have a network issue.

Ralph
Check them once in a while to see if they've dropped the call.  If yes,

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
Thanks Ralph.

I did find some congestion. Do you know how to read the log?

TRAFFIC CONGESTION REPORT  FROM  19 : 18 TO  23 : 22 No trunks available : (Route ID # : Total)   08 : 77 , 11 : 82

I also see a lot of these  "zombie phone x.xxx.xx.x sent 31056 pkts to E2T ch=243." Skipping this ch any idea what that means?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 02:34:56 PM »
Here's a link explaining the "zombie Phone"

The log is telling you that from 7:18Pm until 11:22PM
 -  Route 8 had 77 attempted calls that were blocked because of congestion.
 -  Route 11 had 82 blocked calls because of congestion.

Do you know what route 8 and route 11 points to?

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10