Author Topic: Callback MWI won't turnoff  (Read 10822 times)

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
Callback MWI won't turnoff
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
Is there a way turnoff the MWI from a Callback, unfortunately the callback number is is my voicemail huntgroup number. This is effecting only a handful of the phones on this 3300. I can disable the send message on the COS but I am not 100% what this will do but I was wondering if there is a different way to remove the Callback and the MWI?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Callback MWI won't turnoff
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 06:10:11 AM »
You didn't say what phone you're using.

For display phones, set the COS to enable "Voice mail message waiting erasure allowed" to yes. 
(I'm not exactly sure if that's exactly what it says so just look through the options and you'll find it.)

Once the phone is allowed to delete the msg waiting in COS, hit the msg waiting button on the phone, then the read msgs button, then call back button, then erase.

Ralph

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 11:58:59 AM »
Thank you so much, I was using 5330's and the name of the COS that needs to be set to use is:

Multiline Set Voice Mail Callback Message Erasure Allowed

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 01:13:05 PM »
Did it work for you?

Ralph

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:24:20 PM »
Yes.. worked like a charm.. Thank you very much  ;D

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
You didn't say what phone you're using.

For display phones, set the COS to enable "Voice mail message waiting erasure allowed" to yes. 
(I'm not exactly sure if that's exactly what it says so just look through the options and you'll find it.)

Once the phone is allowed to delete the msg waiting in COS, hit the msg waiting button on the phone, then the read msgs button, then call back button, then erase.

Ralph

Hello,

What is the solution for superset 410 devices?  I recall trying the feature access code to no avail, but need to test again to confirm.

Also - is there a way to disable the callback feature entirely?  A user's device (ss410/420) will have an activated MWI for callback messages.  Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »
If you pick up the handset and press the msg key does it dial someone else?
If yes, then if the other phone answers the call the light will go out all by it's self.

If it doesn't do anything, look up the feature access codes for msg on and msg off.
Then dial <feat code on><it's own extn>   hang up then dial <feat code off><it's own extn>

For example, if the code for on is *** and the code for off is ### and the extension of the phone is 123 you would dial:
###123.

Try that.

If that doesn't work, go to your dni set assignment form and change the phone to a display type.   Replace the phone.   Erase the msg.  Change it all back.

Ralph

Offline mgodinez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »
If you pick up the handset and press the msg key does it dial someone else?
If yes, then if the other phone answers the call the light will go out all by it's self.

If it doesn't do anything, look up the feature access codes for msg on and msg off.
Then dial <feat code on><it's own extn>   hang up then dial <feat code off><it's own extn>

For example, if the code for on is *** and the code for off is ### and the extension of the phone is 123 you would dial:
###123.

Try that.

If that doesn't work, go to your dni set assignment form and change the phone to a display type.   Replace the phone.   Erase the msg.  Change it all back.

Ralph

Hello,

Thank you Ralph.  I will test the feature access code again today.

Your first statement is correct...MWI is active, pressing the softkey will ring the far end party. 

My apologies for the redundant request.  After searching the forum a bit further, I noticed I posed the same inquiry 2 years ago.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mike G.
Seattle, WA

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10