Author Topic: Mitel 3300 & OCS - Ring on deskphone and softphone  (Read 10175 times)

xmarshallx

Mitel 3300 & OCS - Ring on deskphone and softphone
« on: December 05, 2007, 01:35:47 AM »
Hi,
I have been testing integrating our Mitel 3300 system with Office Communications Server 2007 and Exchange 2007 UM. So far all the testing has gone well and I have got to the point where the 3300 system is now linked to the OCS via a sip trunk with calls succefully routing between the two systems and users able to access the Exchange UM functionality by phoning into the Auto attendant from there softphone, deskphone or via an external line.

The issue I am trying to resolve now is to make the users Communicator softphone appear as if it is the same extension as their deskphone, so if a call comes in for a users extension, both the deskphone and softphone will ring. I have previously enabled this functionality for multiple Mitel handsets by using the "Multicall" or "Key System" functions but so far this does not seem possible for an extension on a sip trunk.

I investigated how Mitel enabled this functionality on their own "Yourassistant" softphone however it seems the your assistant actually shows up in the Mitel system like a normal mitel handset so the multicall feature can be enabled.

I tried setting up a dummy extension with a multicall enabled for the desired internal extension. Then doing a call forward always to the softphone extension but this does not work, the multicalls to the dummy extension do not forward only calls placed directly to the dummy extension.

Finally I have found some references to "Mitel Mobile Extensions" which I believe would give this functionality. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this and the setup and costs involved or if anyone has any ideas on another way to get this functionality working.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Mitel 3300 & OCS - Ring on deskphone and softphone
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »
  Extension mobility is another server and has costs.  But have you seen the newer Ringing Groups feature that I think came out in v8 of the 3300ICP.  I believe it would fix your problem....

TUK

Re: Mitel 3300 & OCS
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »
Hi xmarshallx, (and everyone)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm so envious!!  :o  How have you linked your 3300 with OCS? - I only ever get BUSY or ERROR when I try to dial OC from my Mitel phone.

I have the latest 3300 sw release and have successfully configured it for dialing Exchange UC.

What settings do you have in your SIP peer profile and network element? ...and anywhere else i haven't thought of!

Also, i presume you are using an OCS mediation server - is that right?

Any advice from you or anyone else here would be much appreciated

Many thanks,

Thad

trobichaux

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:24:27 PM »
I, also, would really like to know how you got this working. I've created everything that I can think of configuring, but I still get a "404 Not Found" error when I try to dial using OCS.

jgshier

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:17:19 PM »
Anyone get this working? We are running 8.0.9.20 Thought we could do it with this version.

DPGumby

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:54:14 AM »
Mobile extension is a seperate product that runs on a seperate server. You program up a dummie phone that has a key appearance of your Mitel set prime. The mobile extension uses the dummy extension to monitor your desk set. When your desk set rings mobile extension sees this and instructs the 3300 to dial your alternate extension ( typically a cell phone ). Which ever device answers first gets the call. Cost would be for the mobile extension product with licences, plus a 3300 phone licence for each dummy extension, for dummy extension used to make the cell phone call and for a extension used as a TUI interface to call in and turn off/on. Depending how many ses to be monitored, how many outgoing lines and how many TUI ports you want this can add up to a number of licences. I think Mobile extension only works with PRI's so it may not work on SIP.

crazy907

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »
At this time the Mitel 3300 does not support Dual Forking with OCS 2007

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 01:31:11 AM »
Crazy,

Do you have more information?  Can the 3300 put a SIP station in a ring group?  Is there some way we can make this work?  Just curious.....

-Chak

Offline motard242

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »
    Hi trobichaux.
    You have to configure in Sip peer profile assigment your Mitel extension range.
    I hope it helps.

michaelb

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
I also am looking for info regarding the integration. I currently have OCS 2007 R2 and don't even know for sure if it will work. Can anyone provide me with some info in configuring the Mitel and OCS. When I call from my OCS Client it just rings but nothing at the far end. Would appreciate any help.  Thanx

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10