Author Topic: Can you forward all calls to an out of service hotdesk host to the logged in hot  (Read 2721 times)

Offline acomber

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Can you forward all calls to an out of service hotdesk host to the logged in hotdesk agent?

Reason we need this on a site is that we have routing software which might select a station on a remote Mitel switch and this router sends a message to the remote switch in format: <location><dn>  The dn is the host dn.  ie the device that the hotdesk agent logged into.  Of course, this host is out of service after hotdesk login (thats how hotdesking works on Mitel) so not addressible.

If there was some way that we could forward a call to the host to the logged in hotdesk agent then this would fix our problem?

Any ideas?

Angus

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Not sure on this one but I think you can reroute it to the logged in phone via the call rerouting forms.

For sure I know you can use the "Call forward I am here" code.   The hot desk user would enter the feature code to forward the host to his own extension.

Ralph

Offline acomber

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for the tip Ralph

I am looking in the Call Routing section and the problem I see is that I can only enter a specific ID.  Eg for station 2001 if I know that agent 704 has logged in I could set to reroute to 704 for 2001.  But of course the whole idea of hotdesk agents is that can login anywhere. 

So I need a way to specify the 'currently logged in user id'.  If you see what I mean.  Any ideas?

Angus

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
You're correct.   You can only call reroute to one extension.
The only way to do what you're asking for is via station forwarding via the codes or at the host phone before the user logs in.

Ralph

Offline acomber

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Yes thats how we will do it - set forward unconditional to hotdesk agent id before actual hotdeks login.

p.s. this verification graphic is a right pain in the **** and isn't 4th spelt fourth.  Is in UK.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
p.s. this verification graphic is a right pain in the **** and isn't 4th spelt fourth.  Is in UK.

I understand.   Unfortunately because of the SPAM this site gets I've had to do that.  Didn't want to but couldn't keep up.
That goes away once you actually posted 10 times.

Ralph
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 01:03:01 PM by ralph »

Offline acomber

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I didn't think about the spam.  In that case understand.  Going away after 10 posts sounds fair enough.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10