Author Topic: Setting up QoS / dscp on the system  (Read 11420 times)

Offline NS

• View Profile
Setting up QoS / dscp on the system
« on: September 23, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
Can anyone point me to a document that describes how to get the system to Mark packets with a QoS value...  Ie dscp= ef?

I have the ip phones marking packets but I can't work out how to get the system itself to mark packets and can't find the correct manual on how to configure it.

Offline mav

• View Profile
Re: Setting up QoS / dscp on the system
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »
IP Connections - Audio RTP Type of Service and Data Type of Service 

This is located in:

System\Devices and Feature Codes\IP Connections\<local or off-node>\<extension>.

Controller\Processor Module.

Processor Expansion Card\IP Connections.

The Audio RTP Type of Service and Data Type of Service fields specify the values that the system inserts into the IP Type of Service (ToS) field in RTP and data packets. If the network is configured to use this field for Quality of Service (QoS), the recommended value is 184. This value requests Expedited Forwarding if used for Differentiates Services (DiffServ). If used for IP Precedence, this value requests critical precedence, low delay, and best throughput.

To change this value:

Use the scroll box to select the new value.

Press ENTER or click another field to save the change. The valid range is 0–255; the default value is 0, which indicates IP Precedence. If the network is configured to use this field for QoS, Mitel recommends that you set this value at 184.

Offline cyorkowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:09 PM »
What is the difference between the Audio RTP type of Service 184 and DSCP 46 tagging?  I've got my router configured to recognize and expedite DSCP 46 packet tagging. 

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:13:11 AM »
Sorry if this reply came far too late, but have a look at this table. The lightbulb in your mind will come on:

http://www.tucny.com/Home/dscp-tos

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10