Author Topic: SYS ALARM #1007  (Read 11302 times)

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
SYS ALARM #1007
« on: December 12, 2012, 12:37:34 AM »
Hi guys,  this is my first post. I apologize if this has been covered before, but I searched the 5000 forum and didn't see anything.  Today on an HX Controller I ran into a SYS ALARM #1007  MSP Alert 0x0001  generated by CMCI  severity CRITICAL.

I have never seen this alarm and have no idea what it means. Operation-wise the controller still seems to be doing fine. I'm just curious what I'm up against in fixing it.  Also, how do I tell the controller to send an email alert when it encounters a critical alarm? I know the 3300 will do that...will the 5000? I looked all over in DB Programming and didn't see it.  Thanks for any help.

Offline chrismitel

• View Profile
Re: SYS ALARM #1007
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 03:51:49 AM »
Hi,

I have never seen this alarm either but the Message Print diagnostics Manual states that the 5000 has encountered an internal error.  The action is to contact Mitel Technical support.  Usually it says to restart the system and see if it clears it but in this case it doesn't so I would say contact them to be safe before doing anything else. 

There aren't any explanations for the different MSP codes in the manual.

Regards

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
The 5000 will not email for alarm conditions, that is why you won't find it.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  I spoke to support. They noted that I had put 5.1 SP3 on a little over a week ago, and then they immediately sent me 5.1 SP4 and said to update the controller with it, and to see if the Alarm continues to be active. Apparently SP4 came out just last week. If the alarm continues they said they'll need a couple of log files. We'll see how this goes. I suppose it could be a software bug and not a hardware issue. The controller had no hiccups way back on 5.1 PR3. We'll see how this goes...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »
Yeah, SP3 didn't last long, I think it was only on the site a couple days before SP4 came out, it was probably buggy. At least the upgrade procedure for the 5000 is simple... have you done an upgrade via USB Flash Drive yet? Don't even have to turn on your laptop.  8)

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
Yes, USB upgrades are very handy. I did have one USB stick that didn't work but the rest did.  The controller didn't seem to care whether the file system was FAT16 or FAT32.  I usually do a VM backup also, though I have never needed to restore after an upgrade yet.

Interesting too, this particular customer started complaining of buzzing and echo noises in the DECT handsets shortly after SP3 went in.  Now I'm real curious. I'll keep you posted.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
Not necessarily related to the alarm condition, but I’ve had similar complaints of buzzing and echo on digital keysets with SP3 PR4. I had to go into On-Line Monitor and reduce handset microphone gain and side tone gain to eliminate the problem.

Offline bhackbarth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 01:41:34 AM »
We've been running 5.1 SP4 now for 9 days, and so far there are no issues.  The handset buzzing / echo complaints also seem to have ceased. No alarms yet. It took 25 days on SP3 to throw a weird alarm, so I'll be especially watchful of it around then.

Between SP3 and SP4 they changed 5 packages: Call Processing, Shared Libraries, Resource Command Handler, mtl-5000-5_1-release-32_SP_4, and US Voicemail. All of which sound pretty important, to me anyway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10