Author Topic: Call Forwarding on phone bypassing Interconnect restrictions  (Read 3218 times)

Offline ucx

• View Profile
Call Forwarding on phone bypassing Interconnect restrictions
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:07:36 PM »
We have two ISDN services in our office - an ISDN10 and 3 ISDN2's. These are set up into two trunk groups - the 10 in one and the 3 2's in another. We have a number range (8000) assigned to the ISDN10 and another range (6600) assigned to the ISDN2's.
We have set up interconnect restrictions in the 3300 to make sure that all outgoing calls from 66xx extensions go out on the ISDN2 trunk group so their DID number can be presented, and vice versa with the 8000 range.

However ...

one of the people here have set their phone (5320, though I don't think it matters) to call forward to his mobile number for Busy External/Internal and No Answer External/Internal. This works fine, except his extension is in the 66xx range and the number presenting on the mobile device is showing as the base number for the 8000 range - exactly the situation that happens when a 66xx device calls out on the ISDN10 trunk group.

If I call the mobile from his handset directly, his DID number is presented correctly.
If I call his mobile from another 66xx or 80xx handset, the correct DID number is also presented correctly.
If I set another handset in the 66xx range to forward to his mobile, the 8000 base number is shown.
if I attempt Direct Trunk Access from his handset to the ISDN10 service, the handset displays 'Call barred'. I can sieze a trunk on the ISDN2 services, which is the intended behaviour.

Does the handset's Call Forwarding ignore interconnect restrictions? I know it takes precedence over the 3300's CFFA settings, but Interconnect Restrictions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forwarding on phone bypassing Interconnect restrictions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 05:45:17 AM »
Interconnect restrictions are based on the calling device connecting to the terminating device - not the device called.
So this means you have to check the incoming trunk's interco with the outgoing trunk interco.

Ralph

Offline ucx

• View Profile
Re: Call Forwarding on phone bypassing Interconnect restrictions
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:55 PM »
Thanks Ralph - I wasn't sure if, because it was being set in the handset itself, the phone was doing the forwarding not the system.

I've set the ISDN2 trunk interconnect restriction to be restricted on the ISDN10's interconnect number. Now when a call is forwarded in this manner, the base number of the ISDN2 service (6600) is displayed instead of the 8000 number. I did attempt to set a default Voice CPN on the ISDN2 services but this didn't change anything. The 6600 number is still by far an improvement over what we had.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10