Author Topic: Multicall button Behavior and Caller ID  (Read 6126 times)

Offline jimmut

• View Profile
Multicall button Behavior and Caller ID
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »
Our reps say there is no way to make this work correctly but I think there has to be a way. At the bottom of the phone we have three buttons...top two are labeled ICM (multicall??) and bottom one is our 4 digit extension. When a call comes in and we answer it ...the extension number changes to the callers ID. If another call comes in we can't see who is calling..But say a call comes in and I press a ICM (I guess this is multicall button) button...next call comes in I can see who it is.

Also when I answer on my extension button it changes to display the caller...but if I answer on an ICM (multicall) button it doesn't change to display the caller. We would like all three buttons to be able to display the caller when answered and display the next call coming in when already on a line.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:46:59 AM by jimmut »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Multicall button Behavior and Caller ID
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
What type of phone do you have?
Not sure what ICM would stand for.   Is it a group line or maybe a department line?

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
After testing my phone at my desk (running on MCD 4.0) I only get this information on the prime button. If the phone is idle and you call another appearance on the phone (multicall) it shows at the top of the display but it does not change the label next to the button (on 53xx phones).

Offline jimmut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »
I have a 5330 phone. I am new to the system. I guess ICM was just a label for Intercom..That is the way we had additional lines labeled on our old Norstar system. I guess they are just multicall buttons. Thanks Mattmayn for the information. So it sounds like that is just the way it behaves as to labeling on the multicall verse prive buttons.

Question say you are on a multicall line and another call comes in you get caller ID displayed at the top of the phone...but what if you are on the prime number...do you get called ID displayed at the top...We don't.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
The caller info for the second number doesn't show up while you are on a call. It should once you hang up, not that it is very helpful at that point.

Offline jimmut

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »
I am now asking them is i possible to make the the phone use one of the multicall buttons when you pick up and dial or just dialing an extension verse it using the primary button. That way we can see the caller ID of another call coming in. Don't know if its possible but would be one way around this very obvious problem with these phones.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 07:28:30 AM »
If you have more than one appearance of your prime number you will get the CLID info. If you need a different number I assume it would work too. As long as you select it to dial out and the call comes in on your prime.

Offline LoopyLou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:11 AM »
Is there not a COS option for call display on the non prime key appearances?

something like Display caller id on multiline/keylines? is that set in your COS?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »
There is but it only shows when phone is idle. If you are on the pirme appearance then you do not get CLID on multicalls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10