Author Topic: Hotdesking with 5312  (Read 6050 times)

Offline Shimster

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hotdesking with 5312
« on: September 01, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
Hi All

I'm trying to get Hotdesking configured on our standalone 3300 but for some reason it doesn't want to work. I think it might be my misunderstanding about how it should work in theory, but here is what I've done, follwed by what happens.

I've created a new COS and enabled:

HCI/CTI/TAPI Call Control Allowed
HCI/CTI/TAPI Monitor Allowed
Hot Desk Login Accept

I've configured a Multiline IP Telephone with an extension of 248  (I think this could be my problem!)
The previously created COS has been assigned to the Multiline device above
I've created a new Multiline IP Telephone as a Hotdesk User with a number of 260
Under Station Service Assignment, I've assigned the COS to both 248 and 260

When I connect a new phone to the network, I have to register it on the network, which I do using the 248 DN. This works fine, and the display shows the time and date, under which, it shows EXT#:248

If I enter our FAC for Hotdesk Logoff,  the display eventually shows Enter Your Ext#:

If I try to use DN 260 with the correct PIN, the display very quickly displays Error: Feature Failed and the display goes back to the Time and date etc.

Have I completely overlooked something, or have I missed the point entirely with this hotdesking feature?

Thanks

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: Hotdesking with 5312
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »
Sounds correct from a brief synopsis the feature failed is typically a restriction of COS.

Build Extn 248 as device only with COS of Hot Desk Enabled Options per system help.
Build User 260 as user only with COS of Hot Desk Enabled Options per system help.

Extn 248 should ask for login enter 260 and pin accordingly.

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 03:36:30 AM »
The part that makes sure that Hot Desking works is the fact that you should make sure that the following pages are programmed:
ICP/PBX Assignment
Cluster Elements, and don't forget to use CEID digits.

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
That is true I was just doing a summation but yes that is why the help docs are helpful.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10