Author Topic: Change outgoing numbers for range of ext  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Gax

• View Profile
Change outgoing numbers for range of ext
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
Hi All,

I am a newbie to Mitel with our 3300 installed just over 2 months ago. Question is that as we run a range of companies from our building who all use the Mitel system and I wanted to know if it is possible to mask the outgoing number when a call is made from a range of extentions. For example if a call is made from ext 111 to 118 can the outgoing number be masked as private or a nominated number.

Thanks

Greg.

Offline ucx

• View Profile
Re: Change outgoing numbers for range of ext
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »
The way we do this here is:
Under Trunks - Digital - ISDN - Outgoing Call Characteristics - DID Ranges for CPN Substitution. Open an index and select the DID Range (can be an individual extension number or a range - in your example you would put 111-118) and under CPN Substitution put the number you want to be displayed at the other end (eg 5555100).
Note that some carriers (all here in Aus, anyway) limit the number you can display to what is enabled on your line (say your line has a indial range of 5555100-5555199, you can't show the number 1234567, it has to be inside that range).

Next, go to the CPN Substitution form (just below the DID form) and in the controller module that your trunk is on, add the index you created into the DID Ranges for that module (they may already be in there, I know ours were).

We use this feature in the office so the main receptionist isn't taking all the business calls - each department has their own nominated number that appears when calls inside that department call out.

Offline ccboe

• View Profile
Re: Change outgoing numbers for range of ext
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:58:26 AM »

Next, go to the CPN Substitution form (just below the DID form) and in the controller module that your trunk is on, add the index you created into the DID Ranges for that module (they may already be in there, I know ours were).

I always forget to do this.

We do the same thing for our schools. 1 controller with multiple sites on a WAN.
Works great.

Tom

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10