Author Topic: Mitel unified Communicator Express and Roaming Profiles  (Read 3445 times)

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
Mitel unified Communicator Express and Roaming Profiles
« on: August 13, 2011, 06:54:43 AM »
Has anyone got UCX to work with Roaming Profiles?  It seems that each time you change device the password for the ICP & Phone are lost even if you copy in the config files from the Local Settings\Application Data folder.  I've made a post on the InGenius forum and they say its not supported, but I was wondering if anyone had a workaround.

Failing that does anyone know if UCA will work with Roaming Profiles or even better they have it working with Roaming Profiles?  Also what kind of cost would it be to upgrade our 145 YA Lite licenses to UCA?

Thanks

Stephen

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
Re: Mitel unified Communicator Express and Roaming Profiles
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
UCX does not work with roaming profiles.  Mitel nor InGenius had plans to change the application to do so. I submitted a Design Change Request a few months ago and they declined it, I resubmitted and raised a stink about it, and after a few conference calls they said they will not be supporting Roaming Profiles.  You have to have each user login to that machine and configure it under their login.

With the new UCA Login credentials - roaming users works great.  You setup everything in the server side and they can login to the UCA Client regardless of who is logged into the Windows PC or if they have ever been on that machine before.  Although it does not save their Personal Settings  (i.e. Agent ID's, Speedcalls, contacts, etc.) it will function.  Personal settings are stored locally in the users profile.

Hope that helps a little stephen.

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
Re: Mitel unified Communicator Express and Roaming Profiles
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:50:24 AM »
Thanks Kurt,

Don't suppose you know if it is possible to copy the local settings between machines?  I tried this with UCX but because it must somehow use the servername in the hash the passwords do not match.

Stephen

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10