Author Topic: 5550IP problems  (Read 9757 times)

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
5550IP problems
« on: August 04, 2011, 01:56:53 PM »

I am trying to install a 5550 console and am having issues.

The system is a CXI 2 running latest software and I am installing latest console software.

I originally set the console up using the default 192.168.1.2 controller address and it all worked but was not on custs network.

This worked fine.

I have now installed the system in the rack and changed the IP addreess to 10.14.1.1 (it's on custs network )

I have run console config wizard and set the address as 10.14.1. but it fails to work.

When the software searches for ICP, it see's two  192.168.1.2 as primary and 10.14.1.1 and fails to connect to anything.

I have uninstalled the software and re-installed it and ist still see's 2 ICP's.

I have looked in the config file and cannot see anything, The file is only 1k and holds one line on text.

Any idea's welcome.

Ian

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 5550IP problems
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »
It's been a very long time but I've seen this.   
There is a config file that you'll have to edit.
I don't remember the name of it or which directory it was in.
But I think I'd start in looking the \programs\mitel\* directory.  Sort the files by date and see if you can find it.

Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, it doesn't deletel the directory when you do an uninstall so the file remains.

When I first saw this the customer actually reformatted the hard drive in order to fix it.

Ralph

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:36:32 PM »
Thanks Ralph, I will look deeper when I am back there next week, but did look in c program files mitel and also deleted Mitel folder after I had uninstalled it.

PS, Do you ever sleep . (Only Joking)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:50:51 PM »
I slept once.   It was fun.
 :D

Ralph

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »
personally i think sleeping is overrated! or msybe thats what i am telling myself as i sit here waiting to feed my 5 day old son at 01:00  >:(

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »
Oh wow!  Congratulations!

I can see it now...  "Coochie, Coochie, Coo.  Can you say Mitel?"  "Mi...Telll..."

I thought all mine were all grown up and gone but a year ago my son, his wife and my two grandsons (Now 3 & 4) had to move back in with us. 

At least now I can say "Go see your daddy."

Ralph
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:21:34 PM by ralph »

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »
One of the best way to diagnose these faults is to run the log viewer at the same time that you are running the wizard and firing up the software. It will give you a ton of information that will be useful.

One thing to check is that when you change the controller address you may need to set it in two places. Apart from the usual system IP properties, you may have to change the controller address under Trunks -> ICP/PBX networking -> ICP/PBX Networking. If there is still the default 192.168.1.2 address in there, then you will have issues getting the console to connect. If you correct that, and run the config wizard again it should get you going.

Apart from that, ensure that you are on the latest version of console software, and run the log viewer as everything is going through, and post the results here.

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »
Might as well make that a happy face bob got a long ways to go I haven't slept in 3 years. Two 3 year old girls and one 1 year old boy it only gets better though you stop needing sleep after 6 months.

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:41:39 AM »

Gents and Ladies,

Still no luck, we have ghosted a new image on the pc and it still finds two icp's, The log view below is shown when you run the config wizard,

javaw                MiDAS                WARN - Design - MiSystem.getImpl()(): Used MiSystemDefault
javaw                MainApp              5_prependConsoleTime set false. Prepend console app timestamp is off.
javaw                MainApp              5_autoZipLogsOnSignificantEvent set false. Auto zip log file upon significant events is off.
javaw                Config               DEVICE REGISTRATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT received from /10.14.1.1 : RegistrationWizardCoordinator
javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     Addr: 10.3.2.3, RTT:0 ms, TTL:62
javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     pingHost returned true
javaw                Config               REDIRECT REGISTRATION REQUEST message receivedNumberOfBytes:.......6      NumberOfAddresses:...1      Redirect Reason:.....REDIRECT_UPDATE
                                          Priority list Of IPPBX nodes:..192.168.1.2;  : RegistrationWizardCoordinator
javaw                DataServicesJNI      Unable to bind to XA Servant.
javaw                DataServicesJNI      Can't connect to ExApp
javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     Addr: 10.3.2.3, RTT:0 ms, TTL:62
javaw                DataServicesJNI      IP_CONSOLE_CLIENT: Bind Failed
javaw                Win32ServicesJNI     Addr: 10.14.1.1, RTT:0 ms, TTL:62

Any advice or help appreciated.

Ian.

Offline ianbt001

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:11 PM »
Thanks , all fixed now it would appear that changing the setting below does fix the issue,

One thing to check is that when you change the controller address you may need to set it in two places. Apart from the usual system IP properties, you may have to change the controller address under Trunks -> ICP/PBX networking -> ICP/PBX Networking. If there is still the default 192.168.1.2 address in there, then you will have issues getting the console to connect. If you correct that, and run the config wizard again it should get you going.

BUT although it does not ask you to, YOU need to restart the controller for the changes to come into service. Once this was done config wizard saw one icp and all installed OK.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
Thanks , all fixed now it would appear that changing the setting below does fix the issue,

BUT although it does not ask you to, YOU need to restart the controller for the changes to come into service. Once this was done config wizard saw one icp and all installed OK.
Ah Sorry, I forgot to mention that (probably a key step really!), as I thought through the process in my head, and then thought that it was natural to reboot after changing it, as that's what I always do!  :)

Glad that you got it running though!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
I'm dealing with a down console now.
Customer says it was working but every morning they'd have to reboot the keypad for the software to connect again.   They said sometimes they'd have to reboot 3 or 4 times and then it would work again.
I wanted to see it in a failed state so  I had them call me as soon as it happened next.   Next morning they called.
I did a join.me session and watched it try and come up - now it won't come up at all.
I can ping the keypad from my remote network and from the console PC.
I check the IP/PBX networking and the default was not there.
I set a static IP in the DHCP on the 3300.
I turned off all firewalls on the PC.
I removed and reinstalled the software.
I had them install the software on a different PC.
I swore at it 7 times.
I sacrificed a goat.

Nothing.

Now I'm thinking it may be a bad keypad.
Came to that conclusion too late to overnight a new one to them.

Crud!

Ralph

Offline swinstation

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
did you solve your problem?Dear ralph

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 01:09:27 PM »
Yes.   Problem solved.  Bad keypad.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:41:37 PM by ralph »

Offline swinstation

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 03:44:12 PM »
I have this problem on 2 keypad and I do not know what should i do.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10