Author Topic: Remote connection via PPTP  (Read 4051 times)

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Remote connection via PPTP
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:07:37 AM »
Hi Guys,

Right, i have never done this before but it seems that a client requires this and I will need to talk another engineer through this. Let me give you some backgroud:

system installed an a private 192.168.1.x subnet CXi only using embedded ports. Client does not want the whole subnet on their network but would like to manage the system. So if I plug the WAN port into their network and configure it with a static IP and setup the PPTP they should be able to connect via a VPN. Is it easy enough to setup?

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Remote connection via PPTP
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
Comeon guys! someone must have done this at some point???  ;)

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 07:54:10 PM »
The way I have segregated the networks before in places such as hotels is the phone network on its own vlan then the wan port with default gateway being on the local lan for management and internet access. I would of course highly recommend the subnet being available on the lan and I would question the client as some of them are afraid of voip since they do not understand it.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:24:51 PM »
Thanks brantn, im happy with the LAN setup and config its just the PPTP config on the 3300 which I would like help with.

Offline student

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
Does anyone know of any documentation to configure this? (Remotely access a 3300 MXe vian the WAN port through a VPN) My controller is at the default IP and my WAN is on a 10.xxx.xxx.xxx network, i configured a PPTP, what port do i forward (443) ? Any advice will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10