Author Topic: Mitel 'Emergency' Conference call system  (Read 2707 times)

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
Mitel 'Emergency' Conference call system
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:24:47 AM »
All,
I have had a question from some of the sales staff. They have seen a third party box that can be configured to set up a multi-party conference when a single feature code is dialled.
eg a designated user dials feature code say **15 and the box calls a list of preprogrammed numbers simultaneously. Then as each dialled number answers they are automatically added to a conference call with the initiator.
Guess what, I've been asked to try and make the MITEL do something similar.
Does anyone have any ideas? I've pretty much told him NO anyway, but if there's something i can try then great.
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:53:11 AM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 'Emergency' Conference call system
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 06:01:04 AM »
I think the Mitel Quick Conference system did that.   That was one of my complaints I had with the system when I went through the online training for it.  - no security -.

How many people do you need in the conference?
I think you can 'fake it' with up to 7 by programming an analog phone as a 'non-busy' extension and then strapping an 800ohm resister across T&R.   Then when you call it you should be automatically joined in a conf call.

Also, just processing out loud here, you may be able to use the AWC and some very complex programming on the 3300.   You'd have to set up a permanent conference and then program up an IP loop back trunk, with an ARS route that loops through the new loop back trunks.  You'd use the digit mod table to actually enter the conference number.  The result should be that the caller would just be dumped directly into the permanent conference.

Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: Mitel 'Emergency' Conference call system
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 12:27:45 PM »
  It sounds like this is an OUTBOUND conference call where the system call's X people when it is activated.  As to how to do it...um...dunno if it is possible...

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10