Author Topic: MBG teleworker and SIP phones  (Read 5589 times)

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
MBG teleworker and SIP phones
« on: July 28, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »
Guys,
can anyone point me in the direction of how to configure my MBG/Teleworker to allow SIP devices to work.
I can't seem to find where to activate the SIP user fields. WHen I go to the 'SIP devices' page i have the error below, but can't find how to change this or if indeed it is an issue.

Note, SIP restrictions are currently disabled. Changing the enabled status of devices will have no effect at this time.

Do i need some new licensing for the MBG?

Also to use SIP do i need to create some SIP trunks between the controller and MBG?

Cheers
Chris

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: MBG teleworker and SIP phones
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:33:46 PM »
You would have to do a wireshark of what is going on but to get them to pass thru MBG all you need to do is enable the SIP protocol in MBG and then pass them to the ICP where they are configured as a Generic SIP Device.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »
Have you run the TNA to see if the server is listening for SIP?

You don't mention what version of MBG you are running, but under MBG 7 you need to go in to configuration -> Settings. From there click the edit button at the bottom and enable the SIP connector. I haven't got a previous version of MBG in front of me, but it is a similar concept, just in a different spot.

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 01:22:33 AM »
Sorry Gents, bit of a red herring.
I hadn't actually tried to add a SIP user as i had the error on the SIP DEVICES page.
However, after posting i thought maybe i ought to try it, and guess what . . . . .it worked  :-[
I still have the error, but i can connect SIP devices through the MBG to the controller and they work fine. Not sure what the error is all about but doesn't seem to be affecting the operation.
Currently running MBG 6.0
Thanks for the input and sorry for wasting your time.

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 01:45:12 PM »
Thats not an error.

Setting SIP or MiTAI Restriction is a security thing that requires a Code to enable the devices.  Since you have SIP restriction turned off all that message is stating is "Changing Enabled to Disabled has no effect since you are not restricting"

Reminds me of that PrairieFyre message "You must have Excel installed to E-Mail reports" even though you have Excel installed...

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 02:07:13 AM »
Thanks Kurt.
It makes sense now.
Chris

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10