Author Topic: uc express not searching contacts  (Read 4203 times)

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
uc express not searching contacts
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:16:03 AM »
After releasing UC express to our end users we had a few whose UC Express would not search their outlook contacts.  when they type a name in the search field it will only search corporate contacts.  In our testing we took a machine where it WAS working and set the information manager to none, rebooted UC express, set it back to Microsoft Outlook and restarted UC express it will now not search the personal contacts for that machine that was working.

Has anyone seen this or could provide a solution.  I checked all the settings and Outlook contacts are added back and information manager is set to intergrate with outlook. 

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
Re: uc express not searching contacts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »
are you using any other outlook plugins like World Dox or something that integrates a pipe to outlook?

UCx doesn't have a outlook add-in it uses a query directly to the open OUTLOOK.EXE (if there isn't an active instance, it opens one).

I've seen at some sites that certain add-ins load and break UCx search.

What outlook version?  What windows version?  What UCx version?

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
No Outlook Add Ins.  It would work before and when I set the Information Manager to none, restart UC Express, confirm that it won't search outlook personal or corporate, set Information manager back to Outlook and restart UC express is will not work again.

Just to clarify it will not search personal contacts but it will search the corporate directory.   Sorry I did not make that clear in my original posting.

Outlook = 2007
Windows XP
UCX  = 3.1.1497

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 09:58:37 AM »
After a reboot of outlook and a reboot of the entire PC is there any change to the issue?

What does the log show when you type a name in the UCExpress bar?

You will have to setup UCx for logging first.  Go to Help --> About -->  Select 'Configure Logs' from the bottom drop down bar --> Turn on categories 1 through 5.

I can do my best to help you dig through the log, but it may require help from InGenius Software.

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
rebooted outlook and UCX and no change.  When i type a name into the search bar it will only search the corporate directory.  there is a option to search your contacts and when I select that I get a low beep indicating it did not find anything. 

I turned on the logging and will post the results once I get more data added. 

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
ERROR   2011-07-18 11:02:54.765 T(08): System.ArgumentException: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.
   at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass .AdvancedSearch(String Scope, Object Filter, Object SearchSubFolders, Object Tag)
   at e.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String A_3)

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:29 PM »
Do you still have the log?  Can you post more around this error, or can you email it to me?  The forum also supports attachments.

Offline eenochs

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
Kurt,

Can you email me and I will send you the log.  Ralph has my work email address.  Also FYI I opened a ticket on this friday so we can work through that support channel. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10