Author Topic: Fixed to Mobile convergence  (Read 5993 times)

Offline davidcrisp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Fixed to Mobile convergence
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:44 AM »
Hi
I'm after some information on the mitel version of FMC (Dynamic extension) - Is anyone using this effectively  ? Is it really FMC ? What are the limitations ? is it expensive to roll out ? oh and what is the latest version of Dynamic extension..

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Fixed to Mobile convergence
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:50:06 AM »
We have a handful of customers using it (although we tend to push mobility).
The ones that use it - Love it.

You can set your phone to ring multiple numbers the same time your desk phone rings.
I think the max devices is 8.  (someone please correct me if I'm worng)

To roll out you'd need licensing and a couple of hours of tech programming/testing. 

Ralph

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 10:05:22 AM »
its easy to roll out.  inexpensive.  although it grabs a channel of your PRI/SIP Trunks for each device you attempt to ring (up to 8) UNTIL one of the devices answer it and then releases the other channels.  So you need to exercise caution if you only have 1 pri or a limited # of SIP trunks.

I assume you are talking about External Hot Desking with Personal Ring Groups.

Offline davidcrisp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:11 AM »
No - its really to accommodate the ability to enable the one number facility for flexible working. I'm wanting both the mobile and fixed phone to ring when the extension number is dialled. (for 3000 users) Also if possible to have the ability to seamlessly transfer the call from each device.( i.e mobile to fixed and fixed to mobile) Could you tell me what licences this requires ? and is there a particular version of the 3300 required to utilise dynamic extension ?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »
Dynamic extension will do exactly as you describe.

Here's the link for the reference guide:  http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/EN/3300ICP_EHDU_QRC_MCD4.0_EN.pdf

You need external hotdesk licenses to do.

Ralph

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »
You need 1 user license and 1 External hot desk license for each number you want to ring when the Primary Extension is called.

Example:

x1000 = Primary Extension = 1 MCD Enterprise User License
x21000 = Cell phone 888-555-1212 = 1 MCD Enterprise User 1 External Hot Desk License
x31000 = Home Phone 800-123-4567 = 1 MCD Enterprise User 1 External Hot Desk

You publish your x1000 and when it rings, 3300 will place outbound calls to the other extensions. Whichever phone picks up gets the call.  You then use the 'Handoff' feature to seamlessly transfer between x1000 x21000 and x31000.

What software version is your 3300?

Offline davidcrisp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 03:59:59 AM »
Thanks Kurt - Version4 sp 3 - However we do pay software assurance with our supplier..

Offline lavrai

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 07:26:59 AM »
MCD 5.0 will introduce a new `Multi-device User` license. This will license the Multi-device Group and you can fill the group up with up to 8 devices or numbers without licensing them separately. The new group works very similar to Personal ring groups (Dynamic Extension) but you have one busy all busy set (incoming and outgoing).
So, one User, one licence and up to 8 different devices or numbers all ringing at the same time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10