Author Topic: Added L2 Switch IP and System is not reachable anymore  (Read 4424 times)

Offline cardine

• View Profile
Added L2 Switch IP and System is not reachable anymore
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:05:41 AM »
Everything was working great, i changed the IP of the L2 Switch from 0.0.0.0 to an internal IP and rebooted....system came up and i could ping/reach it....after 10 minutes i cant reach it anymore....i reboot the system (through the console) and i can reach it for another 10 minutes and then it stop responding again....everytime i reboot it it works for about ten minutes and then stops.

I can't change the L2 Switch IP back to 0.0.0.0, everytime i try and reboot it it always comes back with the old IP 192.168.X.X.

The Voice Vlan is Set for 2 and the two front ports are both untagged.....as i said before everything was working perfectly fine before i changed the L2 Switch address.....any ideas?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Added L2 Switch IP and System is not reachable anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
I'd bet there is an IP conflict on the network.

Ralph

Offline cardine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
Seems very coincidental that it would be a dup ip. - even if it was normally i should recieve a PING response from whatever device, may not be the correct device but one or the other should respond.

Another update is that if i plug into 2nd port on the front of the MXe i can ALWAYS reach the system....only when i plug into my network switches i can't reach the MXe, until i reboot it and then i can only reach it for ten or so minutes.....please keep in mind this ONLY started happening right AFTER i changed the L2 Switch IP from 0.0.0.0 to 192.168.X.X.

Offline cardine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
Also BOTH the L2 and MXe IP Address become non reachable.

What changes when inputing the L2 Address??? - is there a way to remove the L2 addres.....if i try and put it back to 0.0.0.0 and reboot it comes back with the 192.168.x.x address again....i can't seem to get rid of it...

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
It sounds like to me a spanning tree loop or conflict you should be able remove the l2 ip odd you can't. What kind of network switch?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
Are both the 3300 RTC and L2 on the same subnet?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:17:12 PM by ralph »

Offline rhenarie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »
Wondering if this issue got resolved as I am having this same problem in which I am unable to communicate with my 3300 via data network.  I am able to ping phones within the same subnet, but not my 3300. 

Also, what would be the effects of changing ip address of the L2 Switch back to 0.0.0.0 (if able to)?
Would that prevent me from connecting a laptop to the secondary port to administer the device?

Side Note: someone mentioned above that it could be a Spanning Tree issue, RSTP is disabled on my system.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:01:43 AM by rhenarie »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10