Author Topic: Need to Share Headset in Dispatch Center between IP Phone and Radio Interface  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Keithw

• View Profile
Has anyone successfully integrated a Mitel IP Phone behind a 3300 into a Radio Dispatch Console (scaled down 911 type)???  This is to allow a single headset for both telcom and radio calls. Please help with any Info at all.

Offline dwishop

• View Profile
I am looking for the exact same setup.  Did you ever find a solution?? 

Offline dennism220

• View Profile
Count me in. I have been looking for a way to solve this issue for two years. Non of our vendors (phone or radio) have been able to provide a solution.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
  So I have to assume that they both (the 3300 and radio) can use the same headset.  How about a simple A/B switch that allow the operator to switch?  I'm sure there is something more elegant out there, or you could build your own, but why wouldn't something like http://www.amazon.com/Premium-RJ11-12-2-way-switch/dp/B000BSHG0S   work?

-Chak

Offline dwishop

• View Profile
The 911 operators have to hear both the phone call and the radio responses.. Only switching between who they are speaking with..  There was specific equipment made to do this with Nortel systems (many 911 centers have/had nortel).. and I have found a company that is making a system now for Cisco..  Still looking for something that will work with Mitel..

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
  What is the system for Cisco?  It can't be hard electronically to merge 2 audio sources (or I guess 4 as you have hear and talk).

-chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I would think someone could make a toggle arrangement with a project box, toggle and a couple of jacks.

Ralph
www.potteryandglass.us

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10