Author Topic: Scheduler and Manual Day/Night Changes  (Read 6010 times)

Offline ucx

• View Profile
Scheduler and Manual Day/Night Changes
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:31:46 AM »
Hello all,

Where i am, we have people responsible for manually switching Day/Night mode on/off each day. Sometimes, they will forget and we have customers hearing the standard night message at 10am and think we are a bunch of slackers :P

I've had a look at the Scheduler section, and it seems fairly straight forward, but I have to ask: if I set the Scheduler to switch Day mode on at 9am and someone got in at 8:30am and switched Day mode on, would this cause issues?

The documentation in the Help section of the Mitel box (3300 Cxi) doesn't address this question.
Would this scenario work? This way, if someone was late or called in sick, the Day Switch would automatically cut in at 9am regardless, but we'd have the option to do it earlier.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Scheduler and Manual Day/Night Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:16:08 AM »
Yes.  That will work for you.
The system will still try to do it's normal schedule at 9:00am - if it's already in day mode it won't matter.

But since I haven't tested this specific scenario yet be sure to do your own testing.   It would be a pretty simple test since you've pretty much got it sorted out already.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:36:42 PM by ralph »

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
i can confirm what Bob says. I use the scheduler here and it works fine. if someone manually switches the system it will just ignore it. I did have a few issues though. we had 'night1' to operate between 8:00 and 8:30am then 'Day' from 8:30. some staff were getting in early and switching the system to 'Day' BEFORE 8:00 and then the system was switching back to 'Night1' at 8:00 as scheduled. Education solved that problem.
The only other weird one i had was following a series of scheduled reboots. I inadvertently left a daily scheduled reboot active over a public holiday weekend and for some reason the scheduler started putting the system into day mode after the reboot, but only after the Sunday which baffled me.
Other than that it works fine just remember to add your public holidays.

Offline ucx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:22:57 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10