Author Topic: UCA Call Control when running as teleworker  (Read 5547 times)

Offline martyn

• View Profile
UCA Call Control when running as teleworker
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:01:05 PM »
I've got an issue where if the user is running in teleworker mode externally then they don't get the call control pop up window when using their soft phone. If they are running internally and use it then they get the call control window.

Is there anything that should be set, or any specific requirements for when you are running in TW mode to allow for the call control? UCA version is 4.0.27, and MBG server is 5.2.17.

The user is mainly frustrated by the fact that they can't end a call when they ring someone, and for example get their voicemail. They leave a message, but then can't hang up the call!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: UCA Call Control when running as teleworker
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:20 AM »
Start first by running the TNA software to be sure all ports are available through the firewall.
Run it both from the far end and also from the internal voice vlan.

Ralph
www.statewidetelecom.com

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
You should upgrade your MBG.

If you are running v5  - the latest was just released last month @ v7.0

I think that will resolve it, but if not just make sure the TNA tool ralph is talking about passes for all the specified UCA ports, and make sure you have all the UCA stuff enabled in the MBG.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »
Yep I've gone through and updated MBG just in case, and the TNA passes for all of the UCA ports without any issues.

I can replicate it across multiple client machines, so it's not like it's an issue with just the one client.

Offline briankeating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »
If not just make sure the TNA tool ralph is talking about passes for all the specified UCA ports, and make sure you have all the UCA stuff enabled in the MBG.

Used Phone Systems

Offline gauravsri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 08:59:04 PM »
Is the problem only with call control or with presence/IM as well? Call control notifications use the same SIP protocol over the same connection. If none of these features work then you have connectivity issue through MBG.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
ensure that the setting for extention length under the icp set up is set to the longest extension length you have on your 3300, ie if you have 3,4 and 5 digit extensions on your system the extension length must be set to 5

Offline mav

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
Does the softphone work ok on the LAN? May be worth upgrading UCA to 4.1 anyway in case it is a bug?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
Hmm it would seem that my reply did not end up getting posted as to how I solved this.

As the teleworker server was originally teleworker, not MBG (ie pre MBG existing) Web Proxy had never been setup (and wasn't available with teleworker), and so once I set that up (after a duh moment  :) ) things came good. Ended up in the meantime upgrading MBG and UCA as part of the troubleshooting.

The original install was done well before my time, so piecing together the whole history helpded to find what was missing  :)

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:57 AM »
hmm I didn't realize Web Proxy was used in the call control operation.  Good info.  Glad you solved it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10