Author Topic: Loudspeaker paging help please  (Read 3208 times)

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
Loudspeaker paging help please
« on: June 10, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Can I get 2 zones and All Call from the ASU ?   If so, how?   I have set up loudspeaker paging in the past.  I'm not certain if its actually single zone or all call.  But,  I'm going from the ASU output into an amp.   I set FAC for loudspeaker paging  *1  and it works fine.   I'm looking at the ASU Pager Connector Pinout , page 47 of install manual. It shows a Zone 00 and Zone 01.   I believe i'm using zone 00 on my existing setups.  But how would i set the paging and programing to get  zone 01 and all call ?    Thanks.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Loudspeaker paging help please
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 06:30:00 AM »
not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if it is possible to page over a loudspeaker and IP phones at the same time?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:09:07 AM »
Are you wanting to overhead page different areas and have the option for all call? If so your page port would act as a connection point to a page controller (we use Valcom) and the zones would be defined in that unit.

Offline SUSD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
In response to the replies,   yes, I want 2 zones.   I do not wish to use any more hardware than I already have, which is the existing page system wiring (dead Bogen 5120) and amps that I have.  On my smaller campus's I have used Loudspeaker paging thru an amp to the speakers.  This campus has more speakers and would need to be split.  So 2 zones would work great.  If I can't get 2 outputs, i'll just split the one output into 2 amps.   As I mentioned the Mitel ASU shows 2 page outputs in the technical manual.  I have used one output successfully to create 1 zone.  The main question is,  How can you Program Access to get 2 zones ?   Paging thru the phones is a separate option, but if you can include paging the phones thru the Loudspeaker page option, that would be ok for one of my zones.  Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10