Author Topic: Time on server and handsets is different  (Read 3868 times)

Offline thewonderer

• View Profile
Time on server and handsets is different
« on: June 09, 2011, 11:53:33 PM »
Hi,

We have a Mitel unit which syncs to a NTP server. When I log into the admin page and look at the time it is correct to world time and our windows servers. However, the handsets are all 40 seconds slower.

Why would this be the case?  How can I correct this issue so the time on the PC's, Mitel server and handsets are all correct?

Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Time on server and handsets is different
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:39 AM »
I don't think you can.   
I believe there is some delay on the phone updates.  You may even see different times on different phones.
Reboot one and see if it changes.

But I'm curious.   Why would 40 seconds make a difference?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:20:59 PM by ralph »

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:58:14 AM »
Ralph is correct.

Offline rutger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »
The phones sync there time every 24 hours or less, depending on the set type. That is highend set or not. In the mean time the time can drift. Nothing much you can do about this.

Offline thewonderer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »
Hi,

I have tried disconnecting a phone and plugging it back into the system but it still says the same time as the other handsets.

The post was made because the techs here couldn't give a answer and we wanted to understand why the times were not the same as on the 3300.  If a customer was to ask why the times aren't correct at their site and how to change it, it would be good to be able to give or resolve this.

The time's have not updated in the last few week which is really odd.

Thanks for your information

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
From a Mitel response I received the phone time is the least important of all system functions in turn it happens at the end of the processing cycle and sometimes not at all which is why you will typically see a drift sometimes even between sets. There are also some known bugs with the NTP service currently especially if using Prairiefyre software.

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 01:31:16 PM »
Yea, brantn, I had some sites that had some PrairieFyre software issues due to a 3300 syncing with NTP mid-day, changing it's time, and when it sent the next SMDR record (since it was in the past) it flipped out the PF services and they started a new day in the Real Time Contact Center client.  It also caused some report discrepancies that I had to re-summarize in PF to resolve.

Apparently both PF and Mitel made changes in the latest releases to resolve/combat a lot of these NTP/time issues.

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
That is correct it was released as a fix in Hot Fix 4. I had it fixed early since I worked with the developers on it just was a heads up exactly as you stated rogue acd records because of time swap.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10