Author Topic: External Forward Ringback  (Read 2368 times)

Offline bjarv

• View Profile
External Forward Ringback
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »
Scenario:

Call rings into an Analog Station via a System Speed Call.  Analog is controlled by Night Service and FWD's all calls to a another Speed Call that points to an 800 number.  Calls are being recalled on a no answer after approx 17 seconds to the Auto Att. 

I have adjusted a bunch of timers for No Answer Recall, No Answer Forward, etc etc on the Trunk, Station, VM and other CoS's.  I can manipulate transfer timers ok when manually transfering or FWD, but the exact scenario above I cannot locate where the recall is being controlled.  I tested SIP in and SIP back out, as well as PRI in and PRI back out with same results.

I'm missing a timer somewhere, thanks for any input.

Offline bjarv

• View Profile
Re: External Forward Ringback
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:52:59 PM »
made some progress.

if the analog station has a 1st/2nd alt reroute assigned, in my case VM, it seems to be effected by the reroute timer in System Options.

i dont understand why if a phone is FWD Always using night 1/2 why the 1st/2nd Alts would come into play.  kind of defeats the purpose of a fwd always?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: External Forward Ringback
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:14:32 AM »
Yeah.  Kind of a bummer.
here's the deal, if a call is transferred out a trunk that has answer supervision (like PRI trunks) then the system still controls the call via the timers you just mentioned.   One solution is to route the call out an analog trunk.

You'll have to turn off your 2nd reroute and adjust your timers in the stn COS.
If you need to you can put your butt set on the line and enter the forward codes.  This will bypass the system options timer.

Or.. (processing out loud here) can you remove the 1st and 2nd alt altogether?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:35:07 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10