Author Topic: 5550 IP Console - One way audio  (Read 3876 times)

Offline brooksrose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5550 IP Console - One way audio
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:26 AM »
I'm having an issue with my 5550 ip Console. When I make a call from the console at our main site (3300 MxE) to a remote branch (CxiII) I only get one-way audio. The remote site can't hear me at all yet i can hear them. Any suggestions?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 5550 IP Console - One way audio
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
One way audio is almost always network related.
Do these calls transverse a firewall?  - The firewall will have to allow connections from anything on your voice network to anything on their voice network - not just the 3300.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:42:13 PM by ralph »

Offline brooksrose

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:26:15 PM »
There is no firewall between sites. All communication is being allowed.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »
The next step would be to check  your routing on the voice vlan. 
You'll need to check you DFG and mask.
But...
Can I  assume that it's only the console with the issue?  All other phones work fine?  That would suggest the DFG and mask are correct.
There's a couple of test you can do.
At the far end, find a 5330/5340 or 5360.  Hold the UP&DN volume buttons, release the down button and dial 234 then release the up arrow.
Say 'no' until you get to "tools and features" then say 'no' until you get to ping test. - Say 'yes'.
Enter the IP address of your console keypad - Note: this is not the PC IP address.  The keypad has it's own.
(You may have to look in your DHCP server to find out what the address is.)
Ping your keypad.   It should ping it 5 times and either fail or pass.   This will test to the keypad.

Now, since you can hear them but they can't hear you, it would look like the issue is on your end so the above test wont tell you too much -unless it fails -

There isn't a way to test from your keypad outbound this way.  You may have to manually set up a 53xx phone manually with the same IP address as your keypad and test that way - 1st with a call and then with a ping.   Remember to disconnect your keypad 1st before setting up a phone this way.

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:42:28 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10