Author Topic: New member: adventures with an SX-200!  (Read 3059 times)

Offline unquietwiki

• View Profile
New member: adventures with an SX-200!
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
Hello everyone. Been trying to migrate a hotel PBX from an old set of phone lines + partial T1, to a set of BrightHouse digital phone lines. Figured out the following in my adventures....

* Using ser2net + a serial cable on a Debian box to telnet into my Mitel; serial parameters of 19200 8N1 are quite responsive.
* The system has been using option 14 "NON-DIAL-IN" trunk lines to allow guests to make outbound calls.
* Setup has been using CDN type 4 for the trunk lines: didn't change those settings.
* Output from maint:  SX-200  LW18    M41.0.7   31-MAY-2001
* I did find some PDF manuals online: they seem to be for the 2003/LW19 version of the software however.

Questions

* How can I accurately match up trunk number to the actual line pair? I know whats punched to where on the block, but that all gets routed into the phone system via a single cord.
* My dumb butt wiped out the old entries thinking I accurately recorded their settings: I had some of them. Do I want to be using "Tenant 1" on any line I setup? And I seem to have a default set of COS definitions (Switchboard, Guest, Trunk, etc). Should I use 3/Guest, 5/Trunk, or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Mike Adams, unquietwiki.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10