Author Topic: Nupoint system crashing weekly  (Read 10039 times)

Offline Mike Abell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Nupoint system crashing weekly
« on: June 08, 2011, 04:22:53 PM »
I am fairly new to the whole Mitel 3300.  We have Nupoint messaging and it has just started crashing weekly and I have to reboot the 3300 to get it to come back.  When I try to go the web console, I just get an "Internal Server error" after I try and login to the Nupoint console.  Has anyone got ANY idea on why this could keep occurring.  When it happens, no voicemails will pick up and the AA on the main line quits working.  I can't keep having to reboot the phones once a week just to keep voicemail and the AA working.  Has anyone else experience this.  Any HELP would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike Abell
IT Manager
Scott Fetzer Electrical Group
Mabell@sfeg.com

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Nupoint system crashing weekly
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:38:07 PM »
You'll need to post your software version numbers.  Both the 3300 and the NuPoint.
I'd bet an  upgrade is in order for one or the other or both.

Did I understand you correctly that you're rebooting your 3300 and not the NuPoint?   A NuPoint reboot would be faster.

Ralph

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:36:47 AM by ralph »

Offline Mike Abell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
How do I reboot "just" the Nupoint.  I cannot get into the Nupoint website, it just gives me "Internal Server Error" after I put in my username/password on the main Nupoint login screen.  I've never rebooted "just" the Nupoint, how exactly is that done.  That would at least keep me from having to down the phones just to get the voicemail/aa's working again.  Please advise and THANKS so much for the reply.

Mike Abell
IT Manager
Scott Fetzer Electrical Group
615-799-1126
Mabell@sfeg.com

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:44:25 PM »
Instead of using a browser to talk to the NuPoint, try Putty.
Use port 22 (ssh).
It may have to be set up to allow you to talk to it - which means using a browser. >:(

If you can't use putty, set you a pc on the same subnet as the nupoint and connect to <IP>/server-manager

Do you know what versions of software you are running?

Where's your dealer in all this?

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:36:23 AM by ralph »

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:09:37 AM »
Other option to boot Nupoint just button it !! I had the same problem.

1) Backup Nupoint to USB.
2) Do a "FRESH" install of MSL NOT UPGRADE - make a note of all your settings first and your Application recrod ID. Then manually put them in DO NOT back up MSL and restore.
3) Re-install Nupoint.
4) Restore Nupoint.

Offline Mike Abell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
It just happened again, this time only after 2 days.  Ralph, I can get to the /server-manager login page when this happens but as soon as I log in, I get a "Internal Server Error" page that comes up.   I've got Mitel themselves coming onsite today to look at it but surely this cannot be a "normal" thing.  My dealer told me that I might have to reboot it now and again, but this is rediculous.  Is there any way to reboot just the Nupoint from the MCD console instead of the Nupoint console?   I can get into the MCD website on the 3300 just fine when this happens, just not Nupoint server website.   

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 11:16:18 AM »
Not from the MCD.
Try putty.  That may work for you.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:36:01 AM by ralph »

Offline Mike Abell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 06:12:08 PM »
I had Mitel onsite today and it took them 4 hours just to figure out that apparently my "APC" server is bad.  They also told me that apparently the APC is not field replaceable and to fix I have to replace the whole phone system.  Does this sound right?  I did find out how to restart the APC server from within the MCD so I don't have to down the whole system anymore which will get me through awhile until I can get it fixed properly.  I wasn't too impressed with the "Mitel" service as the tech had to get the phone with Mitel and he was handed off 7 times until someone could figure out exactly how our system is configured.  They couldn't believe that Nupoint and the MAS could run on a 3300 CXi.  I haven't a clue on how it all works but I know I have one unit that is labeled 3300 cx and it runs both the phones and the Nupoint voicemail.   It didn't make me feel too good that Mitel kept telling me that this wasn't possible/supported.    Also, since the Nupoint runs "awhile" before it goes down, could it not be the "hard drive" of the APC?  Would that not be "replaceable"??  I mean, when I had rebooted it and the voicemail didn't work (the phones worked fine), the hard drive light on the front of the unit would stay lit and not go out.   The tech said that didn't mean anything since the phone system itself was working but I had a had time believing that.   Please let me know your thoughts!  Thanks!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 08:29:12 PM »
The APC (Application Processor Card) was something that Mitel sold to add things like NuPoint to the system.   I've never actually seen one since my company decided to sell it with a server - a lot easier to service as I think you've seen.  Mitel doesn't sell the APC any more.
I've never had my hands on one nor have my techs.   I don't think Mitel sold that many.
But I am surprised that Mitel said it wasn't field replaceable.   It's another card.   Now remember - I haven't actually had my hands on one of these but I think they do have a hard drive on it.   It may be possible to pull the drive and if you're adventurous try to swap it for another.

But here's an idea: have you talked to your dealer about moving it to a standalone server?  It uses standard HP or Dell equipment.
You could also upgrade to a virtual NuPoint if that fit in your environment.  We've seen some good results as a virtual box.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:37:05 AM by ralph »

Offline Mike Abell

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
Well,

Since the last APC restart, the Nupoint is still up after 3 days.   I at least found I could restart the APC without having to down the unit by issuing a RESET APC from the Maintenance menu of the MCD.   Still no clue as to why this started happening, what is causing it, etc.  Mitel was no help at all.  Thanks for all the replies.  If it wasn't for this forum, I'd be completely lost.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 04:05:37 PM »
I was going through some additional training today and came across this note:
The 3300 MXe with APCis pre-configured at the factory for Mitel Applications Suite. The APC is not a field replaceable unit on either the MXe server or 3300 MXe with APC.

so....   Not field replaceable.

Ralph

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:35:46 AM by ralph »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
  Never seen this, but I bet it's a virtual machine on the box.....

Yes, I'm talking out my ***

-Chak

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 08:27:49 AM »
I had the same issue with a customer at one point this was a supported config but not any longer.

I think you need the dealer to move the VM to a supported configuration.

They sold and configured it they should fix it

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »
Just sat through a presentation with Mitel on Virtualization.    The Nupoint (under MAS) will is not designed to run under VMware.   If you need to move off the APC platform and you happen to be a VMware shop, this will work very nicely for you.

And don't forget, the Mitel 3300 will run as a virutal appliance under VMware.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:37:21 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10