Author Topic: Remote located 5224 endpoint acting as it if has a sketchy connection...  (Read 3405 times)

Offline dyelton_carpenter

• View Profile
We have an Inter-Tel 5000 v2.4 system with a mix of Mitel 5330 and 5224 IP phones.  I setup my extension to ring to an alternate extension (as well as any calls to my DID number) which works just fine.  We have a 20Mbit synchronous connection at the location of the main system and bandwidth is definitely not an issue here, I've triple checked.  At home I have a 50Mbit down/5Mbit up connection and I've also confirmed that bandwidth is not a problem at home either.

Unfortunately the phone doesn't work as expected some of the time...symptoms include picking up the phone but not getting a dial-tone right away, or hanging up and the call not being dropped immediately.  If I talk to someone from home, it may take 5-10 seconds for the call to end on my end.  Sometimes the phone will simply lock up and display the blinking block cursor on the phone's display.

I've ruled out any interference from other running applications by only plugging the phone at home into my router (Buffalo router running the latest DD-WRT firmware).  I even enabled QoS on the router and gave the phone 1.5Mbits (way more than enough bandwidth) based on its MAC address, but that didn't resolve the issue either.

We use a VLAN for the phones on our company network, but I'm not on the home network.  That and the fact that I'm connecting to the external IP of the 5000 unit instead of the internal IP is the only difference in setup.

Am I missing something here?  Is there a setting I've overlooked that's causing me this headache?

Thanks in advance!

Offline dyelton_carpenter

• View Profile
An update on the issue with the 5224.  I tested out a 5330 remotely and it doesn't have the same problems as the 5224.  The 5224 also works fine inside of our network, it just doesn't work as expected outside.  It works, it's just delayed at times and unpredictable.

Perhaps it is an issue with the firmware version of the 5224.  My Mitel tech says that we're on the latest firmware for v2.4 and is looking into how much a software upgrade would be since we own the equipment.

Offline Mintel

• View Profile
A 5224 should only be connected on the local LAN and not as a remote worker. The Mitel 5324 can be connected as a remote worker as it stores its firmware whereas the 5212 attempts to download it's firmware each time it boots up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10