Author Topic: Call forwarding  (Read 4119 times)

Offline Neo360

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call forwarding
« on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:04 AM »
All,

I am trying to forward a phone to an internal extension, which ring through fine, but if no one answers the forwarded extension then the call it routed to my voicemail and not the voicemail of the forwarded extension..  How can I fix this??

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
Re: Call forwarding
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
So long as the forwarded extension has a first choice reroute to voicemail, you can call forward always (enter the feature code from the phone, for me I would use *72XXXX  where the x's are the extension number).  I've tested here and when my phone is call forward always to another internal extension, it will ring the other extension and then follow the appropriate reroute to voicemail.

Offline Neo360

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »
That is how it is setup here...  So the extension I forward to's 1st Alt is voicemail and has a voicemail setup..  BUT when I test if no-one picks up, MY voicemail is being used not the forwarded extension...  I'm thinking there must be a COS I have missed....

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »
I think I see what you're saying:

You actually want to forward extension number 1 to extension number 2 and have extension number 2's voicemail pickup?

Setup a call reroute to a system speed call number that sends callers to a specific voicemail box.

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »
I have a specific set a digits (#4) programmed in ARS that access the T1 links directly to voicemail.  The string is #4 with 5 to follow as my mailbox numbers are 5 digits long.  I then have a digit mod setup that strips the #4....so the digits that are passed to the voicemail system are just the mailbox number which prompts the voicemail system to play that mailbox's greeting.

So, in your scenario I would program the following:

System speed call:  Use an internal number that doesn't intefere with anything and have it go to "Actual number" #426195 (My mailbox is 26195).
Program an available call reroute first alt with THIS all the way across the board and reference the System speed call internal number you just programmed.
Place that reroute first number is the Call Reroute form for the forwarding extension.

That should do it.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
Actually what happens is that Mitel always looks at the 1st entry that is being called. In your case even if the 1st phone is forwarded to a 2nd phone you will hear the mailbox from the 1st entry and not from the phone whose calls are being forwarded to.

What I always do in these cases is using ACD. You create an ACD Agent Skill Group (Queue callers to group... set to yes). Afterwards you create an ACD Path with interflow enabled set to the device that the calls are always forwarded to.

As last you reroute in the "always" or "1st alternative" form, from the 1st phone to the ACD path.

An ACD path is always seen as the 1st entry even if it is in the call reroute form.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10