Author Topic: Upgraded from v9UR3 to 4.1SP1 - Activation of this product will exceed  (Read 7463 times)

Offline stevek

• View Profile
Whilst trying to move some licenses between 2 systems (both are Enterprise systems on MXe one CX) on the AMC i encountered the following error.

Activation of this product will exceed the maximum number of licenses for this application record.

The CX has a 1x3300 ICP: Integrated S/W 64 Devices (but has 69 devices configured) applied to its record but I was under the impression that this limitation didn't exist for upgraded Enterprise systems.

Was I misled? 

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What exact licenses were you trying to move? Because your original license was for 64 devices, you can't ever have more than 64 devices on that controller. You can however have more users that 64.....which is how you have 69 currently.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Assuming you are at 4.0 or better.
We've run into this.   Same assumption you have.
Turns out that the problem is the "old licenses".  If you add new licenses you can go beyond.
Took a longggggggg time to hash that out.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:09:40 PM by ralph »

Offline stevek

• View Profile
So the additional 20 old desktop/wireless licenses that I need to add are worthless and I have to buy "new" enterprise licenses?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
You need enterprise licenses if you have systems networked together.
So to answer your question - yes.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:09:21 PM by ralph »

Offline stevek

• View Profile
These were licenses that existed on a system that was upgraded I currently got a call logged with AMC as I have upgraded 4 of these systems and the licenses haven't been converted? Let you know how I get on!!

Offline stevek

• View Profile
Recieved this look like we need to go to MCD4.2
AMC have come back to us and have stated the following
Since Desktop/Wireless licenses also include a Device license within its package, you cannot add any more Devices to this application record, as you've reached the 64 device limit (56 + 8 included with the base license). In order to transfer more licenses, you will need to order and add the following part number to app record XXXXXXX

54002541 - MCD: Integrated S/W Upgrade to 200 Devices.
54002541 MCD UPGD TO 200 DEVICE INTGD S/W PKG

It appears that upgrading to MCD4.2 will actually perform the license conversion changing them to Enterprise User Licenses, therefore removing reference to user/device.

If you do go down the MCD 4.2 route make sure you use the following software load updated on May 27th 2011.  MCD 4.2 SP2 PR1 ( 10.2.2.10).  It fixed a number of issues.

Let you know if it works?!?

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Hi Stevek,

Upgrading to 4.2 will indeed remove the 64 device limitation set against your current base package. However, doing this will also render your spare desktop/wireless licenses useless as to load new user licenses onto a 4.2 3300 you would need enterprise user licenses (Mitel statement above states your upgrade will move you to enterprise catagory) therefore what you need to do is work out which is cheapest:

Buying an upgrade to 200 user base pack, then moving your remaining desktop/wireless licenses and then upgrading to 4.2 enterprise if you wish

or

Upgrading to 4.2 enterprise and purchasing 20 new enterprise user licenses for the system.

Please note: if you upgrade any of the systems to MCD 4.2 you will not be able to move licenses between the systems as you seem to be doing now. Even if you upgrade them ALL you still wont be able to move legacy licensing just any new ones purchased.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
So if I upgrade to MCD 4.2 and a user and there device needs to move to a different controller I have to purchase an additional license for that to happen? Looks like we'd ditch mitel if thats the case as the licensing costs are extreme. I have 3000 user/device licenses so I need to purchase an additional 3000 enterprise licenses so I can move people.

eg
So how do you move users/devices between systems in an MCD 4.2 environment if you cant move the license? As we have users that can move systems maybe 4+ times a year and the license will need to follow them? So the AMC will not allow me to reassign product?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Word on the street is that MCD 5 may address these problems that most of us have experienced by now by implementing a centralized licensing aproach. Of course, there isn't a release date or anything official yet.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Hi Stevek, think you are misunderstanding a little. AMC will allow you to move licenses between systems. However, once you jump from MCD4.0 to 4.2 you move to the new licensing model. This means that existing user/device licenses will be converted to Enterprise licenses and at this point you will not be able to move them from a 4.2 system to another system that is on say 4.0. I am also pretty certain that even after this if you upgrade all the systems you may not be able to reassign the legacy user device licenses but best to ask your dealer to check with Mitel.

If you have that may beople moving sounds to me like you could do with some sort of clustered hotdesk setup.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
OK there is a current request sat with Mitel AMC to discuss this as when5.0 lands and it's central licensing how you gonna move them.

I'll post what AMC come back with.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
Clarification from Mitel.

When moving controllers from pre-4.0 to 4.1 or 4.2 the legacy licences do not change on the AMC and yes the software packs still restrict LEGACY licences.  You can however add on enterprise/standard licences up to the capacity of the controller hardware.  If you want to move another legacy licence from another controller where you are at base pack capacity then yes you will have to upgrade the base back prior to upgrading to 4.1/4.2 if you are likely to move licences onto it.

If you add another controller to an estate that has been upgraded from legacy licences it is recommended to install this at 4.0 (64 user gateway + base pack upgrades as necessary) and then upgrade.

When licence manager arrives in 5.0 all the licences will be held on one designated licence manager (which can be on a controller, Enterprise Manager, separate windows server etc and which synchs with the AMC) which contains application record ids for the other controllers in the estate, which can be moved as required.

Clear as mud eh !!

Offline lavrai

• Contributer
    • View Profile
It is fairly simple.
You cannot add old MCD User/device licences to the new MCD Base packages.
The old Base packages still have the limitations on for the original old licences, but not for the new Enterprise or Standard User licences.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10