Author Topic: NuPoint v 14.1.0.45 SMTP delivery of voicemail messages not functioning  (Read 3306 times)

Offline WalkaboutTigger

• View Profile
There are generally two acceptable methods of performing a transfer of voicemails to email via SMTP:
Using DNS to perform MX record lookups and performing a SMTP delivery of a message.
Using an authenticated SMTP account to deliver messages through an existing SMTP cluster, using DNS for address resolution.
From what my reseller is telling me, this version of NuPoint is capable of neither.  I am being told I need to configure an open, non-authenticated SMTP relay and hard-code its IP address into the NuPoint system.
Is my reseller mistaken?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I believe your VAR is correct.
My understanding from my techs is that the next release will include authenticated SMTP

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:24:25 AM by ralph »

Offline WalkaboutTigger

• View Profile
Hi Ralph and thank you for responding.

Do you know if there is an expected timeline for this "next release"?  This is quite a surprise for our IT folks, considering the maturity of UM.

It concerns me that this is not already implemented, considering the nature of SMTP in the 21st century.

Again, thank you for your assistance and validation.

Offline WalkaboutTigger

• View Profile
This issue was resolved by using the SMTP service included with IIS to act as a transparent relay.  Firewall rules were configured to only allow SMTP inbound access from the voicemail server and outbound SMTP was configured to allow outbound authenticated SMTP to the hosted email platform.  The edge firewall configuration was modified to only allow SMTP from the IIS server running the SMTP service.  The voicemail server was configured to use the IIS SMTP server as a smart host.

Voicemail is now correctly flowing into staff mailboxes.

I still find it difficult to believe that, in the 21st century, UM providers still don't know how to implement authenticated SMTP.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10