Author Topic: 3300 cannot locate number and ring group feature?  (Read 5382 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
3300 cannot locate number and ring group feature?
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »
I would be grateful for some assistance in locating a number on our 3300 system.

At present if the ext. is dialled it calls a ring group as it should. However i would like to modify this but cannot locate this number on the system it seems to jump past the one ext.?

I would like to have this specific advertised number when called from external to ring on a team of 6 phones randomly until answered?

Reason for changes are that a manager is complaining that a user is always answering the first call it doesnt alternate at all? I would be really grateful for a step by step guide in to being able to adjust this so that it alternates. In ring group i can only see ring all or cascade ring - Which it is currently but always starts from the one ext. Can this be changed? Could i scrap a ring group and create something else? Any step by step help would be gratefully appreciated.

At present i have about 4 ring groups that are set to overflow from one to the other presume the reason behind this is to keep the phone ringing until its answered? I've inherited the setup from a company that configured it from day 1 so unsure what setup would be best for this feature.

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: 3300 cannot locate number and ring group feature?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
This could be simplified to ACD or Hunt Group setup instead of keeping it ringing in ring groups. Also with ACD you can set it up skill based or not this helps a lot in knowing who will be handling calls. Locate Extn will tell you where your extension is. I would suggest read the help files on Ring Groups, Hunt Groups, and ACD programming they will tell you how to program them.

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »
Hi thanks for the info.

I have setup the ring group now so that all phones ring at once as user wants a call answered in 3 rings apparently and this seemed to fit there option. The issue i still have is locating this 2400 ext number as all i need to do now is change its display name when that number is coming through. I just cant locate it on the system? Jumps past that one extn. Had alook through some of the menu's on the console but unable to locate it via its 2400 extn or via its current display name? Any idea how this is working?
Calls come through from the advertised external number xxx240 and display 2400 on all of the phones that are ringing but just want to change the name that it currently displays??

Thanks again.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »
Run the maint command "Locate Number EXT (number in question)" This will give you a pretty good idea as to where to look.

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 07:40:44 AM »
ahh thanks now says - The number refers to a System Speedcall.  Getting somewhere finally! :-)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 07:55:51 AM »
Sorry to be a pain but i've located it as a ring group. Is it possible to change a ring group's name thats already in place? as i dont see that option as one of the fields i can edit.

Thanks in advance.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
You have to change the name in the Telephone Directory form.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:43:55 PM by ralph »

Offline mav

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
If there's no obvious way to name plenty of things in the 3300 always try the telephone directory

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10