Author Topic: DND, Status Changes, CSM and Intelligent Router  (Read 5193 times)

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
DND, Status Changes, CSM and Intelligent Router
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »
Hello,

I have an odd predicament, and I'm wondering if anyone can advise.

in CSM, I have agents logged into their queues. The do so so their activity can be monitored. When they need to make outgoing calls and work on order in their bucket they place themselves into DND. Here is the problem, While they are in DND their DND timer continues to count up even if they are making outgoing calls, CSM reflects station status changes ( phone off hook, calling out, on call) but not agent changes. The main issue is that they do not want DND time countinuing to count up if the agent is actually making an outgoing call.

Now I was told I can do this through Intelligent router but was not given specifics, so here I am wondering if maybe someone here may have some advice on the matter?

Have any of you run into this issue?

Thank you for your time.
- Michael

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DND, Status Changes, CSM and Intelligent Router
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
I'm not all that knowledgeable about intelligent queue, but why do they have to put themselves into DND or Make Busy to make an outbound call? While on an outbound call, provided the line their using is their Prime DN, they won't be handed a new queue call.

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:43:02 PM »
If they do not place themselves in DND and say they have to place the customer on hold to talk to a supervisor they can then be offered another call because the outgoing call they placed is not considered an ACD call. They use DND so they can focus on their call backs for customers instead of switching back and fourth

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:05:19 AM »
Why aren't they using Make Busy.   It's designed for stuff like that.

Ralph
www.aavoicepro.com

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 08:08:46 AM »
If they do not place themselves in DND and say they have to place the customer on hold to talk to a supervisor they can then be offered another call because the outgoing call they placed is not considered an ACD call.

They must be parking the call, not placing it on hold. If they were placing an outbound call on-hold, from their prime-dn, it couldn't possibly offer them another call. Their line would still be busy. Or are they placing the outbound call via another line key on their phone?

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 12:15:33 PM »
okay, i'm not as knowledgeable  in this as you guys are, first off Ralph, what do you mean by "make busy".

Blue, what is a "prime-dn"?
Some users use their individual lines to make calls, others just dial 8 for ARS.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
A prime DN is the extension number programmed on the lower right hand side of the phone - key #1.

Make busy is a feature that tells the system not to send any ACD calls to your phone because you're busy doing other things - such as making out bound calls.
Make busy doesn't stop calls from ringing your phone if someone calls you directly, it just take you out of the ACD group temporarily. 

Also, if the agent make the calls from the bottom right hand key, they will not receive any ACD calls.

Try programming a "make busy" key on one of the phones and try it out.

Ralph
www.momshappybaby.com

Offline Mikey0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 04:30:33 PM »
Thanks for the info Ralph, i'll give it a shot and post back here either way.

19times

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »
Is this on a 5000 or 3300 PBX? Should not need to put yourself in DND so you can make outbound calls???

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10