Author Topic: Program a phone button to light on incoming external calls to that phone  (Read 4417 times)

Offline russell6593mitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
We had been using an Inter-Tel Axxess phone system, but it was time to replace it so as of the beginning of this summer we now have a Mitel (formerly Inter-Tel) 5000 phone system instead.

We are using the old phones from the Axxess system since they still work with the Mitel 5000 (the InterTel Axxess Standard Digital phones, model 550.4400). Also, we have 11 copper phone lines coming into the system (we do not have a PRI).

In the Axxess system, on the office phones we had a button programmed on each phone to represent an incoming external call to that phone. So for example, one of the office staff picks up a call from an outside line, the button would then appear green indicating she was on that line. And if she put it on hold, it would flash green.

In the Mitel 5000 system, we see how we can program a button to represent a specific outside line (i.e. one of the copper lines), but this means it lights up anytime someone is calling in or using that line and only works for calls on that specific line. So, it isn't the same thing.

Anyone know how to do what we were doing on the Axxess?

If we need newer phones (i.e. VOIP) to do this, that might be acceptable, though prefer not as they like the phones they have now and the phones they have now include the DSS Op Board (side car to the phone) with lots of additionally programmable buttons so they can see literally a light for everyone of the 100 or so phones in the building.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If i'm reading this correctly you want a button on the phone that is lit when the person is using the phone, flashing when the call is on hold?

I think you are after a CALL key, you can have multiple CALL keys to handle multiple calls, spookily enough  ;D

Offline russell6593mitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thank your for your advice. Tried that today and you are correct, that solves how to do that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10