Author Topic: Confused voip not working  (Read 5879 times)

Offline chrisg

• View Profile
Confused voip not working
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »
Hi,

Have been running a Mitel 5000 for about 18 months and all was fine with 16 digital handsets and 3 voip 5312ip handsets. I have had to change our external IP addesses to a different range. I change the system nat ip address to my new external address from the old one and updated the handsets to point to the new ip. (and reset the phne system)

None of the handsets are now working, thye connect fine to the system and I can ring extensions and make external calls, problem is I cannot hear anything and the recipient cannot hear me. I get dial tones etc and phone rings when called. I have tried calling voicemail (2501) the phne display says "enter password" but I cannot hear the system saying "enter your password...".

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Chris

Offline chrisg

• View Profile
Re: Confused voip not working
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:25:24 PM »
Sorry thought I should add some network details, the external ip comes into a juniper firewall/router this has a mapped ip address to a local network address 10.10.1.250 so all traffic to that ip is forwarded on. This was working fine on our old 87... range but not on our new 217... range. I have set test policies to allow any traffic through in both directions but still its not working.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:11:25 PM »
Check your default Gateway and subnet for both the phones and the server.
One way audio is always network.   In this case I'd suspect one of the above.

Ralph

Offline chrisg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 04:25:18 PM »
I have checked the gateway and ip addresses on both mitel 5000 and phones. I do not get one way audio, I dont get any audio at all. On the mitel5000 the gateway is set to the 10... gateway address. The gateway address on the phones is autoset by dhcp on the various peoples home routers. The phones do connect ok to the system and can ring in /ring out there is just no voice audio. I have tested the phones on the same subnet network as the phone system itself and they work perfectly indicating a nat problem. The confusing part is that apart from changing the IP addresses, nothing else has been changed.

Thanks for the feedback though

Offline chrisg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
Hi all,

solved the problem. only changed the system nat address and not the address in the "ip connection" section.

What a numpty I feel :-) thanks though to everyone that looked/commented

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10