Author Topic: mask Outgoing call to use extension  (Read 4076 times)

Offline plee61

• Contributer
    • View Profile
mask Outgoing call to use extension
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
Hi,
Is there a way I can mask the outgoing call so that the extension is used instead of the full phone numbers.

Example, if the caller dial 62341234 where 234 is the extension, the controller will use 234 instead of 62341234 for this outgoing call.

The reason is, with the full phone number an ISDN call is made and would add cost to the bill.
If extension is used, it is a free call over the network.

Thanks
pei

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: mask Outgoing call to use extension
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:49 AM »
How many numbers are we talking about here? System Speed Call would be one option, could be a huge pain with many numbers though. Also, how many sites are you wanting to route to and are numbers at the sites perminate or do they move from site to site often?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
I'm making assumption here:  - You have a private network among all your sites.

Actually it's pretty simple.
Set up routes to each of your systems.  In the digit mod you want to absorb the digits you don't want.  i.e.  if user is dialing 9-1-62341234 (real number?) absorb 7 leaving you only with 234.

Then in ARS point 9162341xxx to <your new route>

Ralph
Mitel ARS Programming
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:42:17 PM by ralph »

Offline plee61

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 06:51:20 AM »
I'm making assumption here:  - You have a private network among all your sites.

Actually it's pretty simple.
Set up routes to each of your systems.  In the digit mod you want to absorb the digits you don't want.  i.e.  if user is dialing 9-1-62341234 (real number?) absorb 7 leaving you only with 234.

Then in ARS point 9162341xxx to <your new route>

Hi Raph,
Yes, my sites are on private networks. Each site has a 3300 controller, clustered. We have two hundred numbers at each site.
Where do I setup routes?

Thanks

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
In the "route assignment" form.
You'll also need to touch the "Digit Modification" form.

Easiest thing I think you can do is look at your ARS and find the route that points your existing 4 digit dialing then go to the route digit modification find a mod that isn't being used and set it to absorb your un-needed digits.   Then go to the Route assignment form, find the route you looked up in ARS, create a new one that looks just like it but modify the Digit mod to your new one.

As it happens, I just published an article last week regarding ARS programming.   Doesn't quite fit what you need here but it should offer you some clues.
You can see it here:<link removed>

Ralph
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:41:06 PM by ralph »

Offline plee61

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:58:16 AM »
Hi Ralph

I have had a look the ARS route form, a trunk group is assigned to a route number. But there is no route that points to digit dialing.
But I can see on the ARS dial digits form, which contains digits, and route number to it. Do I have to modify on ARS dial Digits form?

On the route digit mod form, I can find an available mod to put in the number of digits to absorb my un-needed digits.

Thanks for the website, still trying to get my head around COR. For our controller, it helps to restrict the national, internal and international calls. Will have a look how it works.

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10