Author Topic: Transfer via NuPoint Voicemail port  (Read 11726 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Transfer via NuPoint Voicemail port
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »
  I have an interesting one I'm hopeing you guys(gals) can help out with.

Customer has 3300 V7.1.5, NuPoint 10 with PRI and IP Phones (5224/5212)  (I know, it's old, and I'm working on that :)

Here is the call flow:

-Call comes in on a DID
 - Rings a shared line appearance on 2 phones.
 - Redirects to the NuPoint pilot
 - Hits a NuPoint Call director.  From Call Director user can select to ring out to a speed call with end users cell phone. 
 - Call drops
 - Toll override is set on the speed call.
 - Trunks, phones and VM ports all have:
   - Public Trunk to Public Trunk allowed
   - Public trunk access via DPNSS

I've also tried having the Call Director go to the users prime line, and have the user CFW-all it to their cell.  In this case, if I call the users DID it forwards as expected, however  if it goes through a Call Director to get to the users prime line the call will drop.

I'm so confused .... :)

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer via NuPoint Voicemail port
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:40:39 AM »
I suspect one of a couple of things.
1st - Check the COS of the Call Agent ports and be sure it has Public Network to Public Network connections allowed and public network via DPNSS.   If all set to allow then check the COS of the trunks.
That's where I think you'll find it.

or
2ndly, interconnect restrictions on the trunks that keep one trunk from connecting to another.

Ralph
Mitel ARS

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
  Thanks Ralph - I'm gonna dig this old thread up as the issue still exists.  The NP ports, phone and trunks have those settings and this whole system has only 1 COR with everything in it.

Here is the related SMDR
08/01 11:32  00:00:10 T002  001 3883 2992                   201
          5058888822 3883

5058888822 is my caller ID calling into the system.
3883 is a multicall on one phone that Call Re-Routes first alternate to 2992
2992 is the VM pilot.
201 is the DID on the VM port I happened to hit this time.

When I called 3883 it's hits the 3883 mailbox which has Call Director enabled.  Call Director collects 4 digits (in this case 8003).  8003 is a speed dial to a google voice number.  I have tested with my cell phone as the speed dial target and get the same results.

As I don't see the SMDR for the 8003 I'm assuming the Call Director is dropping the call and not even trying?

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:34:09 PM »
Try this experiment:
In the call directory, change the number dialed to be "8003++++".

I'm not sure about the call director in this case but it's an easy try.
The '+'s are pauses.
I would think that the NuPoint released the call prior to the trunk seizure that it would just ring back instead of disconnecting. 
But again, it's an easy test.

Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »
  Good idea.  It wouldn't let me put the ++++ in a "Blind Transfer" so I started messing with XFER types.  I found that it seems to work when I do an "Alternate Transfer" as the action for the menu item.  In the alternate transfer destination I put the speed dial 8003.

Reading up on Alternate Transfers it appears they are intended to be used for outside calls - with the ability to put in pauses and other dialing features.

My problem is this.  This one user (the owner) wants to use Google voice for all calls.  I call forward always his old line to the speed dial that lands on his GV number.  This all works - when his DID is called or if someone transfers a call to his extension.  It is only when the call comes from NuPoint that it fails.  The problem with NP is that they have a recording with all their employee names in it.  "Dial XXXX to reach Joe".  Like 15 employee's.  This works for everyone except the owner as he is the only one wanting Google Voice.  When you dial his XXXX the call is dropped.  For everyone else it matches their extension and transfers the call fine.

I'm going to ask them if a "Dial 4 to reach Joe" would work for just him - then I can use an alternate transfer for 4 to the speed dial.  Failing that, not sure what I'll do :)

-Chak

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
Try editing the mailbox itself.   Add the +++ to the extension number.   As a matter of fact make it look like "8003++++h".  Notice the 'h'.  I think it will need to be there.

Ralph

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
Darn - though we were on to something.  I tried both 8003++++ and 8003++++h as the extension number of the mailbox - to no avail....

Any other ideas out there? 

-Chak

Offline surferx0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 12:38:39 PM »
Configure the user's extension as External Hotdesk to his Google Voice number. It will work, if you are licensed for it anyway.  ;)

I'm pretty sure the speedcall way won't work with Nupoint CD no matter how you try to mess with it. Ultimately Nupoint is looking for an extension or mailbox which doesn't technically exist. It doesn't just dial the digits into the phone system to initiate the speedcall.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:47:25 PM by surferx0 »

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 01:19:51 PM »
  I wish.  I've been trying to get this customer to upgrade for years now. They are running 7.x which I don't think has external hotdesk.  I'm starting to think my best option will be to rebuild the menus with "press 1 for joe, press 2 for sam" and at the end "press 9 for more names".  Not what they want, but using alternate transfer it should work.

I did try it with a real extension, that had a mailbox, and reroute that extension to the speed dial.  No love as you predicted.

NuPoint seems to be too smart for its own good!

Offline surferx0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 02:15:09 PM »
How about configuring his extension/mailbox number that would be dialed in the menu as another Call Director box, of which the only (default) option is the alternate transfer?

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 11:41:35 AM »
  Surfer, you rule.  Don't know why I didn't think of that but it seems to be working!

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10