Author Topic: Cluster / NuPoint / UCA centralized management  (Read 4443 times)

Offline grainadmin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cluster / NuPoint / UCA centralized management
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »
Hello all you Mitel experts: we have a 4 x 3300 (one per city) cluster with 1 NuPoint voicemail and yet to be implemented UCA.  We had all this installed Oct 2010, so still coming up to speed.

Question: does Mitel offer a centralized mgmt platform so that we only need to go to one place to add/change/delete users?  I think the "Ops Manager" is supposed to do this, but not sure if it still mainstream?  We were not sold Ops Manager.  We also are looking for Microsoft Active Directory integration to assist in adding users.

Comments?  Is a future version of this mitel environment going to improve/include centralized management?

-- cheers,
   grainadmin

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Cluster / NuPoint / UCA centralized management
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
Opsman is done.  You shouldn't have been sold it.

To answer your question:  Not yet - but maybe.....

The Nupoint isn't integrated between systems.    MAS is attempt to start down that road but ain't nowhere near there yet.

Now as far as the phones go, if all cities were homed to one controller and then resilient to their local controller - I suspect they are homed to their local controller - then you can admin them from the one controller.    Then you would only have to deal with the one site.

I hear rumors that version 5.0 may deal with some of this.   We'll see.

As for AD, if used simply for authentication I'm a fan - but only if it applies and is enforced across all applications.  I ran into a lot of grief because I had AWC using AD and mobility not (and something else too) that just screwed up the user experience.   Once I turned off AD in AWC everybody was happy again.   

But one thing I'm pretty sure I'm going to oppose forever is having any application "push" to AD.   No AD admin worth his salt would let that happen.   Way too much to go wrong.    Can you imagine a business pretty much shutting down because no one can log in to their network because of some *bug* in an application that screwed up AD?

Ralph

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:21:35 PM by ralph »

Offline grainadmin

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »
Hello: thanx for the post, but what about "Mitel Enterprise Mgr"? 

Would that not put us in front of "one piece of glass" (as the expression goes) to manage my 4 x 3300 + 1 NuPoint + 1 UCA, all with Microsoft Active Directory integration ??

-- thanx,
   GrainAdmin

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
No.  Sorry.  Not yet.
EM is tied closely to OPS.  So it's going away.
About the only thing you can use EM for now is backups and alarms.

The 3300 doesn't have an interface with AD.  I'm unclear about the NuPoint with AD but I think if using MAS then it will.
I'm still waiting to see what version 5.0 brings out but I'm sure they're working on it.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:21:17 PM by ralph »

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
There is supposed to be an AD connector in 5.x

Offline lavrai

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 01:48:04 PM »
Enterprise Manager would deliver the single pane of glass access to the network. But it might be a bit much for a small 4 node network.
Have you configured the systems to use a single Administration Group and SDS? You can use Admin Groups to have single login around all the nodes and it allows you to see forms on any system without moving to different windows. It also shows you the Alarm status of the network etc and SDS should ensure a lot of the system data only needs to be changed in one place.

MCD 5.0 has a uni-directional AD link. Add the User to AD and they will appear in MCD.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10