Author Topic: 4 Extra rings externally  (Read 2970 times)

Offline petesff

• View Profile
4 Extra rings externally
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
There is a tech that tried to get caller ID working on our phones and ever since they made some changes, we have four extra rings externally before the internal users hears it.  I can't remember where they made their changes.  They claim it is because it is caller Id is on but I don't think so because we have another location that has it and it does't do this.  It only started after they made their changes.  I remember they were in some part where they changed some settings that said show "something something"  Does anybody have any ideas?  Thanks for any help!

Chad

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Extra rings externally
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
I suppose your tech is correct.
It would appear to me that he turned on caller ID but your carrier isn't sending it. - hence the delay.

What happens is, you've told the PBX to expect caller ID on an incoming trunk.   The system then waits for the caller ID and after the wait times out it passes the call along to where ever you've told it to ring.

You need to (1) get your carrier to turn on caller ID  or (2) Find the COS of the trunks, look for "ANI Delivery trunk"  (doing this from
memory now so forgive me if I don't have the exact name correct) at that top of the COS and disable it.

Ralph
How to Change Time on Mitel 3300

Offline petesff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »
I believe I found the class of service option being used, Does this sound like the correct option.   ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery trunk......... on or off.   It was on, I turned it off and saved the changes and still no changes.  Do we have to reboot the box? 

I think you are exactly right though because I found another user who has the same option and this was someone elses reply.

From a Mitel Tech Bulletin:Description/SymptomsRing is not heard immediately when external phone calls on LS trunkBody/SolutionsBackground:An external phone that is connected to the LS trunk rings four times before the receiving phone rings. When the class of service option ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk is enabled, the system waits for the ANI information before making the phone ring. If ANI is not provided, the phone will not ring immediately.Solution:In the COS, disable ANI/DNIS/ISDNNumber Delivery Trunk

So from reading this, it sounds right but wondering why it isn't working when I turn it off.

Thanks for any help!!!

Chad

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »
Yes, that's the option.
You need to turn it off in the COS of the trunks - not the phones.

Ralph
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 04:38:48 PM by ralph »

Offline petesff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:06:31 PM »
That worked!  Thanks and you were right, I was doing the COS on the phones and not on the trunk.  Thanks for your time and energy!
Chad
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:19:22 PM by petesff »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10